• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LOGO SITE ( like Brands of the World)

Andy D

I know this has been discussed, but I couldn't find the threads.
Brands of the World is getting pretty bad, what vector logo search sites
do ya'll like?

shoresigns

I usually try the first search below, download the first 5–10 PDFs, and then quickly skim through them to see if there's a vector logo. If not, I'll either download more from the first search, or try the second search.

site:companyname.com filetype:pdf

This will return only PDF files that are found on the given website.

"company name" filetype:pdf
This will return any PDF files that mention the company name, anywhere on the web.

bannertime

If nothing pops up quick, I've found vector files inside of their "locked" brochures and pamphlets (open it up in Flexi). Occasionally you can find an SVG on their website. I use a browser extensions to pull all the SVGs on the page and it'll save it into a folder that you can then open in Illustrator.

Billct2

Google Advanced Search

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 247

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If nothing pops up quick, I've found vector files inside of their "locked" brochures and pamphlets (open it up in Flexi). Occasionally you can find an SVG on their website. I use a browser extensions to pull all the SVGs on the page and it'll save it into a folder that you can then open in Illustrator.
This and also searching "branding guidelines" will often bring up a multi-page PDF with the logos in it. And those will have color specs (double bonus)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working

+1 for SVG

JB

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Look carefully at what you download from any website or official pdf. I have seen plenty of pdf's at corporate websites that are autotraced or poorly done. The same with the logos sites like BOTW. They accept logos uploaded by users and you never know how well that artist recreated the logo

chadorama

Owner & Sole Employee
I agree completely. It's rare to get a logo that's completely clean but it can be a helpful starting point rather than a complete re-create.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Sometimes I see who made the website. That info is usually at the bottom of the website. I'll copy the link for reference and simply ask if they have the logo in vector format. Had 1 guy call me within 10 minutes to find out why I needed it. He then called the company for permission and bam!

p.s. we have a folder on our server that we save all clean corporate logos for future use.

I just want to kill the guy that uploads all the dam logos in .cdr format. Whoever you are, please just convert to .pdf or .ai or .eps or anything besides a .cdr

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I just want to kill the guy that uploads all the dam logos in .cdr format. Whoever you are, please just convert to .pdf or .ai or .eps or anything besides a .cdr

No to ai.
pdf or eps unless gradients/fountain fills are used then definitely pdf. Maybe even svg