• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo

Jgentry

Hi guys. I was playing a little and wanted some suggestions for this personal trainer that I'm doing a logo for. I'm posting his current logo and my design.

Attachments

• PP BarBell2222.jpg
    PP BarBell2222.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Pinnacle_Performance_Logo.jpg
    Pinnacle_Performance_Logo.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 86

Jgentry

Here is another few tweaks.

Attachments

• Pinnacle_Performance_Logo_2.png
    Pinnacle_Performance_Logo_2.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Pinnacle_Performance_Logo_4.png
    Pinnacle_Performance_Logo_4.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Locals Find!

I like the 2nd logo you did. However, I am not liking the mountain graphic. Why not try just using a trace of the top of the mountain. So you get the effect without it being all colored in.

Edit: Here is a quick sketch up of what I was thinking with the mountain.

Attachments

• mountain.jpg
    mountain.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 80
  • mountain2.jpg
    mountain2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 67

Jillbeans

While it's not a bad start, it lacks contrast.
You need a thin white contour around your words.
The font looks like you've really put the squeeze on it.
I would not use the same font on your subcopy, use a simple sans serif, even Futura Condensed.
If something has a face, it should be looking into the logo (just an old rule I follow)
I would not use the two Ps, it makes me think of peepee (but I am kind of a pervert)
Plus the old mirror initial thing has been done to death.
Just the guy is enough.
I myself would use either the guy or the mountains but not both.
Love....Jill
PS
His old logo is just...(shudders) I have a feeling he will push for the peepees.

signmeup

I like the 2nd logo you did. However, I am not liking the mountain graphic. Why not try just using a trace of the top of the mountain. So you get the effect without it being all colored in.

Edit: Here is a quick sketch up of what I was thinking with the mountain.
Nice rack.

Custom_Grafx

Agree with Jill re the contrast.

Have a look at the attached. Grayscale. Lack of contrast.

Look at the black and whites with 2 different thresholds - you either get the front, or the background. You can't get everything in bw... so your client won't be able to photocopy anything in black and white either.... :(

Attachments

• gray.gif
    gray.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 130
  • bw001.gif
    bw001.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 82
  • bw002.gif
    bw002.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 104

Custom_Grafx

I would prefer to present something like the following... the bicep can be lost and it still looks ok.

Be careful of details in a logo.... If they're a gym... then they might get tshirts and the such... small embroidering... anything. It should be nice and simple (but that's just me).

Attachments

• 001.gif
    001.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 002.gif
    002.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 127

signmeup

I'd ditch the big arm altogether. At least half the population (Women) will avoid that gym if it's for muckle heads.

Locals Find!

Lose the arm and the box. You got something good going then. Keep it simple. If you embroider or screenprint that box its going to have a heavy hand on clothing.

Custom_Grafx

Funny you say that, when I first started drawing it up, I started off with just the rectangle, and no arm... and liked what I saw. It always seems to be that simple is the way to go eh? no matter what you or the client wants.

Jillbeans

That last one is pretty good.
Or make an arm with a mountainous looking bicep.
Really glad you posed the greyscale pix CG to better illustrate the lack of contrast.

Custom_Grafx

That last one is pretty good.
Or make an arm with a mountainous looking bicep.
Really glad you posed the greyscale pix CG to better illustrate the lack of contrast.

I know it's really sometimes not so obvious or easy to explain till you do that.

Also, to the OP, to help with the contrast issue, to save yourself time, just start designing in black and white. That way, you know it'll look right no matter what colour scheme you give it later on :thumb:

Jgentry

Hi people. I was up late, good morning.

OK here are a few modifications using your suggestions. Outlined the text, change font on the tagline, faced the man in, reduced his muscle size. Thoughts?

Notes: The muscle man is creating opposing P's with his arms. That was a design que from the customers original logo at top. I can drop it if it becomes a weak point. The tag line would only be used as part of the logo on larger graphic prints and be dropped on smaller stuff, say the logo on a T shirt.

P.S. I really like your black and white logo CustomGrafx. It just does not convey fitness/strength training. Also I don't want to scare women off with the muscle man design, any ideas? I did drop his size down a little on this design.

Attachments

• Pinnacle_Performance_Logo_6.png
    Pinnacle_Performance_Logo_6.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: