• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Look At My Bucket Truck. Ain't It Pretty!

What is your favorite design.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
Look at my bucket truck! I can't wait to wrap it! Do you like it? Let's see your bucket truck!
It has a 6.0 liter diesel in it and it sometimes smokes, but we're getting that fixed.

20170304_171502_zpsjmernzfi.jpg
20170304_171640_zpsgdfctb5c.jpg
20170304_171521_zps9espzxh8.jpg
20170304_171511_zpsrd1vgvpd.jpg

Last edited:

visual800

first off why waste money on reflective? Do you install a lot of signs at night that headlights will bouncing off of it? To each his own but a little over the top for a bucket truck
Is there no one qualified at any Fastsign locations to design a "wrap" for this truck? I doubt you will be getting any designs from signs 101 on this.

I think we would enjoy more if you posted what guys at fastsigns layed out for this.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Am I reading this right? You are asking for people to design a wrap for you, in a contest, so you can wrap your bucket truck?

I can understand educating customers on the importance of our time, and "designing" stuff " just to see what it would look like", but do we have to educate people in the industry as well?

"Just say no to spec work!"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not just put your logo on the truck, a few descriptive words and call it a day ??

Coming here to look for guidance for your situation is kinda bad news. Develop something on your own and we'll help critique it, but design for you........???? Sad on your part. I agree with the others.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
Well for starters, it's a contest, if you don't want to participate so be it, but somebody is going to win up to $1600 worth of stuff from 3M. We are more than capable of designing a wrap, but there's a lot of talent out there that I'm sure could do better. I don't want this to be the average boring bucket truck wrap. This new reflective vinyl is new and exciting and it's going to start a new trend. 3M wants to showcase a bucket truck because it's different and it would help promote this new reflective vinyl to the fleet vehicle industry.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well for starters, it's a contest, if you don't want to participate so be it, but somebody is going to win up to $1600 worth of stuff from 3M. We are more than capable of designing a wrap, but there's a lot of talent out there that I'm sure could do better. I don't want this to be the average boring bucket truck wrap. This new reflective vinyl is new and exciting and it's going to start a new trend. 3M wants to showcase a bucket truck because it's different and it would help promote this new reflective vinyl to the fleet vehicle industry.

So, what you're saying is, the designers here at s101, are far better than what anyone in your whole franchise can come with ?? According to you, your entire collective group of signarama designers are only capable of less then boring. Tis sad, as I mentioned.

Good luck. Buttering this group up, generally doesn't fly with the competent designers or layout artists.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
You guys crack me up! Talking about free time! WTF are you doing on Signs 101 on a Sunday! Should be out golfing, fishing, sleeping in! I thought I was bad! Please don't turn this into a pissin match, I'm just throwing this out there. I know at one point in my new business, I would have killed for this opportunity to win some free stuff and showcase my talent.

Johnny Best

Are not you the guy who made a lot of money making snowboarding videos and then bought a franchise so your family could work there with you and you bought all the new high tech equipment and was on here some years ago with videos of all your new stuff and excitement. Your sons were the ones who were going to use the new software and do the designing.
You seemed arrogant when you made those videos when you first came on and to tell someone what they should be doing on a Sunday morning or telling people not to do something like a pissing match, seems you still carry that trait with you.

If I give a dime to a panhandler I don't expect a lecture from them that I should have given more.

Johnny Best

And who seems arrogant? Who's the one starting fights on a forum?
If you noticed I was the only one that submitted anything and that would qualify me as being non arrogant. Just observing your reaction from the others on here and remembering you from your post sometime back and how you wanted to change the sign world.
You also do not need to be on here going back and forth with the likes of me. It won't accomplish anything. You wanted a contest and if you keep up with what goes on here they don't go over to well and I speak from experience.
How about I say I am sorry for my observation of seeing you as arrogant and leave it at that. I'm going fishing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, I guess my next question would be, if 3M is giving all this stuff away, who gets it, if you win.... and everyone here did it for you ?? Are you gonna take all the credit and have your truck, with your logo being represented gonna say you didn't do it, but s101 is actually responsible for the win ?? Your truck will still be taking all the credit. How do you explain that ?? That sounds like a gross misrepresentation to me. Nothing much says professional about your offer......... or about your reputation. Is this what they teach you in franchise school ??

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Looks more like a Fastsigns ad than anything else and you got the reaction you deserved. With absolutely no effort on your part you ask everyone to spend their time designing you a winning entry.

You are also selling this as your contest, which I doubt. 3M contests are usually open to the industry so why do they need to go through you or Fastsigns?

Lame.

Pippin Decals

My 2 Cents....And im Not into printing ,only cutting vinyl etc .But from what i have learned on here is ,,If you ask people to do the work for you or to come up with their ideas for you to win a contest,You will never learn to get by on your own.If it were me i wouldnt ask people to design something since this is for a contest.Because nobody will ever know what design you end up using ,be it yours or one off here and you walk away with the prize. Asking for advice or ideas on what people may put on it is good to do ,but not to design it fully..take ideas from what people throw at you in words not pictures... I would never run a graphics printing shop if i had to go to a website to get help on designing for a contest especially....Its all about making the design yours with what you come up with. This is what separates a vinyl guy from a printing guy... But what do i know .Im just a small vinyl guy..

Status
Not open for further replies.