• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking a t a Mimaki FX II series! Any other suggestions?

blacknbart

The one feature that stands out is the fact I can cut all the way thru the backing.
What other cutter can do that one feature?
Does Mimaki have great cutters? Small text and clean contours? I'm looking into a 52'' and or the 62'' wide machines.

What is your take on cutters?

Black'n Bart

ramstudios1

Their cutters are junk! I have a cg160 fx and I can't contour cut for anything. They are pretty much paper weights. You will have people say there machine is fine but I've been to the shows. The registration is always junk. I create small decals that have to be near perfect to sell and I go back to my edge setup which is sprocket fed and perfect every time. Good luck!

Vinylman

Their cutters are junk! I have a cg160 fx and I can't contour cut for anything. They are pretty much paper weights. You will have people say there machine is fine but I've been to the shows. The registration is always junk. I create small decals that have to be near perfect to sell and I go back to my edge setup which is sprocket fed and perfect every time. Good luck!
Your inability to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for the proper set up of the Mimaki cg160fx, in no way makes the machine junk.

Just like the early days of computer learning, [junk in junk out] still applies.

The Mimaki cutters when properly set up are as good as any other plotter, [or better] in their particular price range.

PS: I own a Mimaki cg160fx, so I know of what I speak.:iamwithstupid

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ran a CG160FX here too for years. Thing was a tank and worked great. There are things to look at and make sure are calibrated. Cannot remember what they ar but I remember distance and size calibrations I did a few times on ours.

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
Graphtec(Cadillac)..... Best bang for the buck!!! Summa (Mercedez Benz) if you got the funds!!!

Out There

I have a Mimaki CJV30, same cutter just comes with a printer :) and I must say this thing cuts more precise than my little Graphtec ce5000. Contour cutting is way eaiser IMO. My Graphtec was always having issues with finding the registration marks.

I don't think you could go wrong with Mimaki.

ironchef

Ive had a cg 130fx for almost ten years now, still running on my old xp. Workhorse!! Cutting all day long. Its and older model, so no sheet cut option, besides that i love it, i now use a graphtec fc800_75 for smaller signage and more detailed work, being new its more dependable, and fast as lightning. i also had a newer mimaki plotter, worked great, but sold it along with a sign shop i had in another city.

Freese

User error?

TheSnowman

I have a CG 130FX and it's been great. I just upgraded printers last week and kept the plotter. I had the tech set it up with my new printer, it's been dead on with print to cuts.

tomence

I would say Summa is number one. I have owned Roland, Graphtec CE5000, FC8000 and VinylExpress which is rebranded Graphtec FC7000 cutters and now i just bought a Summa Summacut and i would say eventhou this model is the basic model it beats the ones i had. Now imagine what the other models of Summa can do. For the price the Summacut sells for, you cannot find another one in that price range. It tracks and cuts perfect all 50 yards of a 30" roll because i have the 30" model.