• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at a 1324 54"....feedback ?

Sideline

Currently have a Roland 30"...looking at upgrading.... looking at a Mutoh 1324 54" printer...any feedback on the unit positive or negative..any help would be appreciated.

cmangham

We had a mutoh 1624 and downsized to a 1324.

The good-
We had a lot of head strike issues with the 1624 but we have had 0 head strikes with the 1324. Print quality is great and we have had 0 problems. We just purchased this printer 3 months ago and it is printing a minimum of 4 hours a day.

The Bad-
We do not like the media loading system, we have some banner material we had to cut the tubes down to make it fit because the tubes stuck out about a half inch on each side. but that is the only bad problem we have had

ThePrinter

Vj 1324

I have had my Mutoh VJ 1324 for almost 2 years. I am really happy with it. I have not had on problem with it to this day. I do agree with the media loading system, but the only problems with tube length seems to be the distributors brand of material. I have to cut the tubes down on the feller's banner zeelon.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
From a tech's point of view, the newest Mutoh printers are some of the most reliable printers I have worked on. I would much rather work on a ValueJet but I almost never get to. Most of the Mutohs we sell come with a 2 year warranty and in those 2 years I usually only have to change a maintenance station and check the head alignments as a courtesy.

ExposeJustin

No joke, hands down best little out of the box printer.

Just like others the variance of the core length on some banners is an issue, but we use ours strictly for adhesive vinyl and poster paper. We have (2) larger 1624's that we run all banner material on, the 1324 can handle the smaller banner rolls of 38" easy just the same, its really only the 54" banner cores that are an issue.

Easy to maintain, we operate ours on the bulk ink system to match up our other machines and it runs like a dream. We have many times ran full rolls overnight to the takeup reel with no problem.

S

spmracing

Mutoh makes such a great product. I have the 1624 and it is a work horse. I have never had an issue with it or any of my 1204's.. You cant go wrong. Their service is also amazing.

jfisk3475

I have had my Mutoh for 2 months and love it. Perfect prints out of box. I have an Azon 64 inch and it sucks compared to the Mutoh. Flexi se and corel works great with it.