• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at Epson SureColor S70675PE (Production Edition)

CMYKprnt

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I hope to learn a lot and contribute where I can.

BACKGROUND
We are a traditional printing company with 1&2 color offset presses and a couple of Xerox digital presses. we have been forced into large format by one of our large customers. They are super picky about color and demand that we hit their color. We were outsourcing all the large format work both roll and flatbed work but color was an issue. The color issue has been resolved but too little too late so in order to save the account we are taking all the soft-goods (Banners, Posters, etc.) in house.

I talked with a color expert and his recommendation was either the Epson Surecolor or the Seiko printer. Based on color (orange) being an issue we have decided that the Epson would be the way to go. I am having a difficult time finding any information from actual users of this printer. I know it is a new printer but kind scared to pull the trigger without finding much user experience. I am hopeful that some on here might be able to shed a little light. I was quoted $18,000 plus $450 for frieght for the printer, brand new.

rotunda

We are looking at the new sure color series as well but have found no real info on the S70675. However, I've been told by 1 distributor and 2 certified service technicians (from two different companies) that Epson's previous solvent printer -- the S70670 series from 2014 -- has been a lot (lot) of trouble for them and their customers in terms of reliability. Maybe this has been addressed with the new printers but it's too early to tell. I have to say this bums me out personally because I love Epson's line of photo printers.

If you can't wait, I'd say look at Roland xr640 series (as that's all I've used in large format solvent printers). I have no problem matching anything in a Pantone swatch book (within reason -- sometimes it's just out of gamut) or provided color samples using an x-rite color spectro.

Hope this helps a bit. .

~r

Snydo

The S30670 can output 1200 plus sq. feet a day with pretty amazing quality of print. Just saying you may want to look at those, we have 2 with very little down time in 2 years. On some vinyls it prints better, more vibrant colors than our 6 color latex.

You may also want to look into the Mimaki JVX400LX as it has an actual orange ink channel which I would have to believe would greatly improve color gamut.

ProColorGraphics

I just brought in an Epson S70 about 2 months ago. So far it has been great! It is technically the S70670, but it has had all of the new updates done to it before it shipped. So internally, it is the same as the new S70675. I know there were a lot of changes with the heads, media feed system and they now use what Epson calls "Orange+" ink. Speed hasn't been a real issue for me. It is pretty fast and the quality is AMAZING!! My other printer is an HP L360. I really like them both, but the HP can't touch the quality. I have not seen anything print reds and oranges as bright as this printer does!

I did have a very weird and unusual issues when printing with black and silver. The black would cut out. Epson was out the next day, the tech did a few tests, replaced one head and it was all good. I honestly didn't think it was the head as it worked perfect when not using silver.

Overall, I love it and have no regrets about getting it. I would highly recommend it. If you want, check with Lann at IT Supplies. They might have another deal like the one I got. The "old" model number, but with all of the new updates inside. It came with a 2 year warranty as well. I know Epson kept bringing them the stock that was left of the "old" version to sell. I got a killer deal on mine!

CMYKprnt

We are looking at the new sure color series as well but have found no real info on the S70675. However, I've been told by 1 distributor and 2 certified service technicians (from two different companies) that Epson's previous solvent printer -- the S70670 series from 2014 -- has been a lot (lot) of trouble for them and their customers in terms of reliability. Maybe this has been addressed with the new printers but it's too early to tell. I have to say this bums me out personally because I love Epson's line of photo printers.

If you can't wait, I'd say look at Roland xr640 series (as that's all I've used in large format solvent printers). I have no problem matching anything in a Pantone swatch book (within reason -- sometimes it's just out of gamut) or provided color samples using an x-rite color spectro.

Hope this helps a bit. .

~r

I finally bought the Epson S70670 (upgraded to orange+) and so far everything is working well. After profiling the printer/media, I couldn't be more pleased with the quality. The color gamut is really large and we are able to print orange colors that few can match. Epson support has been very accommodating as well. So far so good but I am only 3 weeks into it :)

Chasez

Hope it all works out well for you. We've got the s50670 (since Jan) and it has been great, great quality and speed varies on which profiles/passes you use etc. but worth it. Just had to have a motor replaced and Epson had the parts shipped out to the tech that day and he was here with 2 days. As far as being fixed, yet to tell but the tech left parts here and said he'd be back if something else went wrong. Overall great printer, good support.

Chaz