Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at expanding available services...

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by njshorts, Sep 11, 2012.

1. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    Being that my primary audience is sign shops, I'd like to ask a question, see what ya'll have to say on the matter:

Without an increase in price, would you be more likely to use a webhost that offers an automated website builder?

Looking into adding this to all machines, just want to see what the general opinion is. As it sits, all servers have software install/management plugins (blogs, ecomm, forums, etc)

Thanks!

-Nick

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I'm only a one man shop, but all I require is having something that I can post pictures easily of the jobs I've recently done. I hate it when company's have sites with pictures from 10 years ago that they did when webpages were first getting going, and they have nothing of their recent work.

3. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

We use Wordpress. Not sure if your host is already enabled, but we couldn't live without it.

4. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    Our installer script (softalicious) includes over 200 plugins, built and tested to run in cPanel environments... Includes WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart, phpBB, OSCommerce, SugarCRM, etc... See http://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/apps for a list.

Would you consider that more important than a php/html based interactive site builder?

5. WCSign

WCSign Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Bay Area
    most wordpress themes are as easy to use as a site builder nowadays