• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking For 1 Mil Digital Clear Vinyl To Print On Please Help!

Dezmond

Hey Everyone :) I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to find 1 mil clear vinyl that we can print on for one of our clients. We have the Mimaki CJV 150 printer with CMYK ltK, Orange and 2 whites installed. A client of ours needs to have around 10,000 decals printed. The material HAS to be 1 mil and clear. No laminate as he will be clear coating the decals after they have been installed. Have any of you guys used or know where I can get a couple of rolls of it?

Any help would be great. This is a bit time sensitive. Thanks all :)

Dezi

TDFcustomSL

The thinnest material I recall ever coming across was like 1.3mil and it was a cast laminate...avery i believe. Good luck finding something 1 mil...it may exist i have no idea. Is the customer going to notice if you use something slightly thicker than 1 mil? A good application of clear coat will exceed 1 mil anyways, or at least it should for durability purposes.

CanuckSigns

It's only available in 15" wide rolls for the edge, I'm sure you would be fine e printing on it with your eco solvent printer, but the roll is so narrow it would take quite a bit of it to get 10000 decals.

Now depending on the artwork you could print them on the edge very easily, maybe Fi d someone with an edge Machine?

Bill Modzel

The Edge material is actually polyester, not vinyl. It prints great on the Edge and I have had allot of customers using it for this very thing.
I do have my doubts about printing it on your eco sol unit however. I tried to print our topcoated 2mil poly on my old HP9000 solvent and only ended up with a puddle of runny ink on that.