Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 10-mil green stencil material

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Rickey J, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rickey J

Rickey J Member

Dec 28, 2005
    St. Louis Mo
    I have a company that needs a specific material. 10-mil green stencil mask. The purpose for this is I will be cutting a logo out of it and they will be laying it out on concrete and using a paint material of some sort for a city logo. Any ideas on where I can get this?

Tags:
  2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
  3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State

Hartco 310 to be exact. If you're putting it on concrete, you might want to order the high tack product.

Blow off the concrete well, apply the stencil and use a rubber mallet wrapped with a small hand towel to pound it down well. Since the adhesive is aqueous based, you need to be absolutely sure your concrete is bone dry or it will not stick.

We use a ton of the stuff for sandblast engraving bricks.

JB

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We use a green tinted mylar to make stencils in our laser engraver, it's not adhesive, but it works very well.