• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for 3d Modelers

Techman

To discuss 3d modeling for 3d dimensional cnc art.
And to discuss the best tools for the process such as tablets etc.
And software such as Aspire, Art cam, and other 3d software. etc.
Any body here that wishes to discuss such activities.

4R Graphics

I am up for it I have cnc experience with artcam and aspire (well all of the vectric programs) 3d progs learning Z brush now, some solidworks, bobcad, C4D (like this one), 3D Studio max, Poser, True space and some others i cant remember.

I am getting a New CNC Router later this year and will be a merchant member for CNC work once the machine is in place.

Gene@mpls

I am very interested in this subject- have a small Shopbot and very enthused. I am looking at Aspire and practicing with
their trial. I am signed up for Indiana Robs sign camp but not sure I will be able to make it. Wanted to meet and learn from
Grampa Dan et al. Gene

Techman

This is good news. It looks like the 3D dimensional work is a very limited arena but is in big demand. Any ideas on how to expand this into something for and expanded training sessions?

I have Aspire and a CNC router and have been doing some 3D work. It pays very well. But I would like get much faster in the design side of it all.

Gene@mpls

Tech- are you a member of Jason and Melissa's forum? 3Dsignforum.com
Great stuff. They and the members are very sharing and talented. Gene

WB

I use ArtCam Pro 2011 and have a CNC table but my actually 3D modeling experience is small. Our shop is capable of doing the work we just don't have a huge market for it in the area.

4R Graphics

techman,
Since you have Aspire you and i are in the same boat (love the program, the abilities and the price).

I have been a self taught on the side playing with 3D design guy for a long time never really got seriouse. Well I am like you I see a big demand and the price tags to go with it and I have some of the know how.

Modeling is and always will be the hardest part and will keep many people out of this arena.

Look into Z Brush its a bit different than most of the other modeling programs Also check out C4D I really like C4D I feel it and Z Brush are a lot more user friendlly than 3D Studio max or Maya or Rhino and on and on and on.

Not sure if you can get demos (most likely you can) then check out the tutorials on youtube there are some really good tuts for beginners and some that take you from nothing to all out animated objects and characters.

Hope to see you right next to me listed as some of the best 3D sign guys around. (maybe someday)

mezalick

Sculptris is the ZBrush "lite" version and it's free.
DAZ is another good program ( free ) to use for 3-D modeling

Michael

techman,
Since you have Aspire you and i are in the same boat (love the program, the abilities and the price).

I have been a self taught on the side playing with 3D design guy for a long time never really got seriouse. Well I am like you I see a big demand and the price tags to go with it and I have some of the know how.

Modeling is and always will be the hardest part and will keep many people out of this arena.

Look into Z Brush its a bit different than most of the other modeling programs Also check out C4D I really like C4D I feel it and Z Brush are a lot more user friendlly than 3D Studio max or Maya or Rhino and on and on and on.

Not sure if you can get demos (most likely you can) then check out the tutorials on youtube there are some really good tuts for beginners and some that take you from nothing to all out animated objects and characters.

Hope to see you right next to me listed as some of the best 3D sign guys around. (maybe someday)

Techman

Its good to see some interest.

In my mind I would like to see a forum here where 3d modelers can chat and give techniques related to dimensional vector art for cnc work..
I held a camp at my office a while ago that was well received. The most questions concerned vector modeling and software techniques.
Other questions included general vector construction and font manipulation.
There is a need for modelers using Artcam, Aspire, DAZ etc. And there is a need for a place to discuss modeling techniques.

I also know that many do not wish to openly share their hard learned and difficult to master techniques because it is what makes them good money. And I am aware of the copying problems that other segments have to deal with.

Lets make a deal.