Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Looking for a engraver that make these signs

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by BPSAFF, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BPSAFF

BPSAFF New Member

May 14, 2009
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    There will be 30 of these, 18" x 18", raised letters (will be maroon) on a brushed metal 1/8" lasermax material. The fire escape route looks to be printed on white acrylic with a flatbed printer then set on top of the lasermax. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. IDB Signs

IDB Signs Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Portland, TN
    We use a Vision for ADA/ engraving projects. Works pretty well.

3. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette New Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Elk River
    Might be a good application for a direct color systems printer, depends on the look you are going for. Is that a picture of an actual sign? It almost looks like a mockup to me. Not sure how you would cut out acrylic and have the details be durable enough (the arrows and exit words) to hold up. If you are looking to sub them out I think Johnson Plastics would probably quote them using a Direct Color printer to give a raised effect on the diagram and text.

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I have done this with a New Hermes is6000 and printing on clear, with tedious application

5. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Europe
    Everything is raised, why not apply printed and cut vinyl?

6. BPSAFF

BPSAFF New Member

May 14, 2009
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    This is an image of one of the actual signs. I will check with Johnson Plastics. I did even think of them. Thanks for the heads up on this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BPSAFF

BPSAFF New Member

May 14, 2009
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    I will check with A Vision also along with Johnson Plastics. Thank you for your input.

8. Broome Signs

Broome Signs Member

Nov 1, 2018
    england
    HI

You will find it's UV printed, with 3-6 overprints to make the lettering raised

• Agree Agree x 2