• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a new Graphtec

Dave213

Primaly need great cutting forces since I 99% of the time use 20mil (vinyl+laminate).
Was looking to buy a new FC8600 to cut-contour laminated prints but just got a deal on a used FC7000 who look in great shape.

So my question is what you guys would do ?
And will the FC7000 will work great for print/cut with my Sp540V?

Thanks.

Carlitoes

Primaly need great cutting forces since I 99% of the time use 20mil (vinyl+laminate).
Was looking to buy a new FC8600 to cut-contour laminated prints but just got a deal on a used FC7000 who look in great shape.

So my question is what you guys would do ?
And will the FC7000 will work great for print/cut with my Sp540V?

Thanks.
Hello,
I just retired and have a FC8000-75 that has about 50 hours on it.. whatever you think it is worth...

woolly

So what cutter were you using
you will need to change your workflow but works well with a roland .
Presume 20mil to be Mx type materials our fc 7000 did do it but not without problems
Found a flat bed graphtec and all problems disappeared.
The 7000 has since died but found a mk2 there really is a difference but the flat bed is the tool for the job.

Dave213

So what cutter were you using
you will need to change your workflow but works well with a roland .
Presume 20mil to be Mx type materials our fc 7000 did do it but not without problems
Found a flat bed graphtec and all problems disappeared.
The 7000 has since died but found a mk2 there really is a difference but the flat bed is the tool for the job.

I currently use my SP540 for cutting but i'm loosing too much time since I can't print if i'm cutting my prints.
Flatbed was my first choice but they are hard to find in canada, called a couple of graphtec dealer and they don't have them, don't distribute these line or don't want to... kind of sad but i'm looking for alternative and the currency is killing me if I want to buy in US.

You should consider the flatbed model for that application.

Was looking for this, the cutter was a ''in between'', flatbed cutter are hard to find here,
will look again. thanks