• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking For A New Laminator

JamesLam

Good morning,

I hope everyone is well.

Today I am starting the research for a new laminator. Currently we have a GBC Falcon 60+ on the floor that has performed wonderfully throughout the years but the temperature settings are inconsistent and the rollers are in need of care. I can look at refurbishing the machine, re-coating the rollers, etc., but since GBC bailed on supporting this equipment it doesn't seem like the prudent move.

I'm looking at the following options: Seal 62 Pro D, Seal 62 Pro MD, Neolam Plus S, Neolam Plus H, AGL 64i, AGL Encore.

I would appreciate reading about your experiences and thoughts on these options or other possibly you have other suggestions.

James

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We really like our GFP 563TH. On the lower end of the price bracket too. We're about to get another one. We run ours all day long.

JamesLam

We really like our GFP 563TH. On the lower end of the price bracket too. We're about to get another one. We run ours all day long.
Thanks for the reply, certainly can't beat the price. In our case I need the option of top and bottom heat for encapsulation. I should have mentioned that.

JamesLam

So, I've been getting some quotes in. And of course they are all over the map depending upon features. right now we are ranging from $24k CDN for a KALA Atlantic 1650 to $51K USD for a AGL 6400. Of course each of the higher end laminators have add-ons that can increase the costs. And there's delivery, training if required, etc.

Also came across a company called Smooth finish https://smoothfinishllc.com/ that offers advice on repair and refurbishing of equipment. They have a few vids online as well. I may dig in my heals and look once again to see if I can't solve my laminator issues first before I spend money needlessly.

Last edited: