• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a transparent styrene?

AIGJIM

Hello,
I have a customer that is looking for something that is transparent that can hang from rails for a trade show. It needs to be able to bend. He saw our styrene and said that would work great if it was clear. Is there a product out there that is .010-.030 in thickness that is transparent? He said acrylic panels will not work. Any ideas would be helpful!

dsgn4

Have you thought of trying .010 Lexan..it is what we use here for people who want clear or transparent styrene

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's not styrene, but I believe Lexan. It's a clear trade show display roll of media. They generally come about 50" wide by about 25' or 50' long. We usually print to the backside in reverse, then put a piece of white or translucent white over it, if it has to be backlit. It has a textured/pebbly feel to it.

.030 Makrolon or even better .020 velvet lexan. I prefer the velvet lexan because one side is smooth and glossy, the other has a matte finish, perfect for display graphics.

MikePro

makrolon and lexan are brand names of the same thing, and exactly what you're looking for.... Polycarbonate. I prefer .188" (3/16in) because it will bend but still hold a rigid/non-floppy surface.
also holds a bend from a break and cuts on a shear and thermalforms if need-be.
great stuff.

shoresigns

Our supplier doesn't stock acrylic or polycarbonate thinner than .060" but there's another clear plastic called polyester PETG that you could try (.020-.060 thickness). The cost is also much lower than acrylic/polycarbonate.

artbot

clear styrene exists. the lenses in commercial fluorescent lighting lenses are made of it. very difficult to cut. it's the cheapest clear plastic sheet out there.