• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for advice/feedback buying a laminator

MaoMarin

we starting with sign making area in our company and looking to buy a laminator but our budget are tight,
so now looking for advice and feedback on this 2 options we are considering, we are new in the sign business so the help is really appreciated

#1) New 65 inch USTECH MVT-600

# 2) used GBC Arctic Titan 165

Thanks,

also if anyone is selling a good 65" laminator in Florida area feel free pm or reply here

Dennis422

I own USTech MVT 500 and like it a lot.
It does the work. That is my only laminator I ever used, there is probably better ones out there, but for the money, I do not think you can buy a better machine.

Came with a loose chain from transport, Dave was helpful with fixing it. No issues since (About 2.5 years).

Good luck

fresh

I own USTech MVT 500 and like it a lot.
It does the work. That is my only laminator I ever used, there is probably better ones out there, but for the money, I do not think you can buy a better machine.

Took the words right out of my mouth. We have never had a problem and we've also had ours for almost 3 years. I don't remember there being any problems with shipping, either. We aren't a high-capacity shop, this laminator does the job well.

Posterboy

I've got a GBC Titan 165, not sure if it is an Arctic one, it is white.
Anyway, had it for 10 years, in that time one fuse has blown and the chain came loose about a year ago. It's been an asset for sure. The hot and cold roller feature is good. The roller cooling feature is rubbish though, does nothing I can see.

strypguy

I too have the USTech MVT 600. It did come needing the chain adjusted but has worked flawlessly ever since. John