• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for affordable contract Label/sticker Printer

MakeMyGraphic

okay so I am a little bummed that years ago a sister company to signs2trade (labels2trade) came and vanished almost as quickly as it appeared. They had darn good prices ( maybe that's why they are gone haha ) anyway I have a customer who is looking for labels with preferably metallic ink, a few parts of the design will be metallic... my printer is not set up for metallic (only white) so anyway I am looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for an affordable contract printer? I will be marking the product up but I just can't find anything atm that is better pricewise than 4over and even then I still wanted to see if anyone else is getting a better value elsewhere? the labels will be approximately no larger than 3" x 3" qty min 1000

petepaz

what does the artwork look like?
(cmyk w/ metallic or spot colors)
just wondering if it can be silk screened?

MakeMyGraphic

hi Pete, the artwork is not finalized at the moment but it would have raster elements and just a spot color metallic for the areas they want to look metalic (those parts would be vector), no pantone color matching (my clients are not picky) and I believe that screen printing would be fine, I am just looking for affordable solutions

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We'd be happy to quote on your label needs. We use a Gerber Edge and stock a wide range of metallic foils. Understand, however, that Edge materials cost more than most others and, as a result, Edge printed labels and decals are rarely the lowest in price.

bannertime

I get metallic silver labels with black imprint from Stouse for my own use. I like them. Pretty decent price. Most their pricing allows us to be competitive with some online retailers.

thomas barth

okay so I am a little bummed that years ago a sister company to signs2trade (labels2trade) came and vanished almost as quickly as it appeared. They had darn good prices ( maybe that's why they are gone haha ) anyway I have a customer who is looking for labels with preferably metallic ink, a few parts of the design will be metallic... my printer is not set up for metallic (only white) so anyway I am looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for an affordable contract printer? I will be marking the product up but I just can't find anything atm that is better pricewise than 4over and even then I still wanted to see if anyone else is getting a better value elsewhere? the labels will be approximately no larger than 3" x 3" qty min 1000
We do actual label printing and would be glad to send you a quote if you can send some tighter specs.
Be aware, however, we do labels old-school and require time to make a die.
We do have some standard dies that might fit.
Usually our customers find that our pricing is best if they order at least 1000 quantity or greater.
And yes, we keep your dies safe for reorders.

MakeMyGraphic

thanks everyone for your replies! I will definitely be in touch with those of you who offered to do quotes and I do understand timing, thankfully my client is very laid back and never really in any rush (what a blessing hahaha) as soon as artwork is finalized I will send you all a pdf of the artwork for quoting purposes. I do admit I completely forgot about Stouse as well, I do have an account with them but they somehow managed to escape my train of thought here so I will also be looking into them as well to see if they have anything that can help in this situation. again thank you all for the responses :)