• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for "alumacore" type product.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Any help would be appreciated.
Need 1/2" or 10 to 12 mil. Double-sided Matte Black Alumacore type fluted substrate. Can find white but need matte black.
Just to save time have been to Harbor, Grimco, Sabic.
Thanks

Attachments

• mattealumacore.jpg
    mattealumacore.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 293

2B

that image shows white flutes with what appears to be painted.

get white, is easier and probably cheaper, then
  • painting matte black
  • color change with vinyl matte black

mkmie

Lost Soul
that image shows white flutes with what appears to be painted.

get white, is easier and probably cheaper, then
  • painting matte black
  • color change with vinyl matte black
Definitely not less expensive doing double sided matte vinyl on 30 pieces and then applying matte cut vinyl. Painting, not an option because..... I don't want too. This product exists somewhere. Although the flutes are not black the face pieces are a solid black front and back of the veneer.
Thank you for your suggestion.

unclebun

Why bother with the back? It installs against a wall. But he's right. the flutes on the originals are white, which means it was white on the surface, and the previous sign company painted them black. The black Aluma-Corr I saw at N. Glantz was gloss. I don't think I've ever seen matte finish Aluma-Corr.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Why bother with the back? It installs against a wall. But he's right. the flutes on the originals are white, which means it was white on the surface, and the previous sign company painted them black. The black Aluma-Corr I saw at N. Glantz was gloss. I don't think I've ever seen matte finish Aluma-Corr.
Here is what we did a couple of weeks ago on matte black 3 mm ACM. We need to make the newer, thicker signs similar (read exactly) in appearance. Can go with LusterBoard but was hoping to find a lighter option. Since the frame already has an aluminum core product was looking to stay that way. It obviously exists. I disagree that it is painted. The aluminum veneer is black on both sides. Hard to believe that someone could paint the aluminum clad black on both sides and leave the flutes white.
As far as both sided. When a new tenant comes in we flip and apply. They do not like the outline of the previous tenant to be visible. Their call, not mine. We keep spares for the third tenant and repeat the process but only for the ACM because the "fluted" product hasn't needed updating until now. Not a lot of turnover so it works fine this way. Also, some of the sign frames are visible from both sides.
View attachment 140070 View attachment 140070

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
You could buy Matte Black aluminum and roll counter top contact cement on it and mount onto a 1/2 substrate and go from there. More work but it may be an option.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Painting is your easiest option. If you don't want to do it (or don't have the equpment and the facility) you can likely get an autobody shop to do it for you. The price won't be so bad if you do a whole bunch at once. You will also be able to record the finish in order to duplicate the process in the future.

Even better would be to get a sign shop with a spray booth to do it for you. They are better set up for flat panels. And you can chat-up the owner about silly customers and pricing!

MikePro

nice signs! i can confirm, they are indeed painted..... as I made them over a decade ago :)
we used to have a stock of those panels already painted to save time on tenant-swaps, but those are long-gone. pretty certain its still just Matthews Acrylic Polyurethane Black with a Satin finish because the only thing to get repainted was the red-to-orange during the conversion from PrimeOutlets.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Painting is your easiest option. If you don't want to do it (or don't have the equpment and the facility) you can likely get an autobody shop to do it for you. The price won't be so bad if you do a whole bunch at once. You will also be able to record the finish in order to duplicate the process in the future.

Even better would be to get a sign shop with a spray booth to do it for you. They are better set up for flat panels. And you can chat-up the owner about silly customers and pricing!

Thank you. That is a great idea. Love to speak with other owners and compare notes about customers.

mkmie

Lost Soul
nice signs! i can confirm, they are indeed painted..... as I made them over a decade ago :)
we used to have a stock of those panels already painted to save time on tenant-swaps, but those are long-gone. pretty certain its still just Matthews Acrylic Polyurethane Black with a Satin finish because the only thing to get repainted was the red-to-orange during the conversion from PrimeOutlets.
Wow, Thank you for the information. I have been schooled.
For those who complain about this site, this is a perfect example of working together. You MikePro are indeed a Pro.