• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for cheap eco solvent printer

Masud

Dear senior members,
To compete & survive in my printing and sign making business i must need an eco solvent digital printer in my shop otherwise i cant give good rate to customers. So there loosing business.

Would you please suggest me any chinese brand printer with quality output and reasonable price? Due to financial issue i have to buy chinese machine as those are comparatively low price than usa/europe/japanese products. And also nees to know:
1) I saw there are 1 or 2 or 4 print head in the printers. How many print head should i buy in my printer?

2)Epson dx5/dx7 print head. Are these good device ? Or any other else?
3)PLS. SUGGEST ME A GOOD ONE IN A GOOD PRICE.
I'M REALLY IN TROUBLE TO SAVE MY BUSINESS.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you are trying to save your business don't buy a chinese machine and hope to rely on it. From the lack of service to the inferior quality or assembly you will be digging a deeper hole.

But maybe in your neck of the world you may have better results. That being said the only good Chinese machine I know of is WIT Color

letterman7

If you have to invest in a printer to "save" your business, you need to rethink your business plan. You should be able to mark up subbed out print jobs enough to make a profit and not alienate potential clients. Sounds to me that you are in a market of cut-rate shops which are barely scraping by anyway (selling cheap just to make the sale)... do you want to be another cheap shop or a shop that has integrity and top-notch products?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looking at your location, you probably have a better idea of what's available, then we do...... being 1/2 a world away. Chinese blast the internet with their fantastic deals, so just Google Chinese printers and make a choice for the cheapest one you can find to fulfill your needs.

Masud

If you have to invest in a printer to "save" your business, you need to rethink your business plan. You should be able to mark up subbed out print jobs enough to make a profit and not alienate potential clients. Sounds to me that you are in a market of cut-rate shops which are barely scraping by anyway (selling cheap just to make the sale)... do you want to be another cheap shop or a shop that has integrity and top-notch products?

Thanks a lot dear letterman7 for your valuable suggestion. I agree with you and decided not to compromise with quality. Though it will be tough to compete with other shops as most of them use chinese printers. Anyway, would you please suggest me any good brand with reasonable price and low maintenance cost ?

1 more thing just to find an alternate substitute to remain strict quality products- Is there any place selling good used printers of famous european/usa brand ? If u know please mention.

Last edited:

Masud

Looking at your location, you probably have a better idea of what's available, then we do...... being 1/2 a world away. Chinese blast the internet with their fantastic deals, so just Google Chinese printers and make a choice for the cheapest one you can find to fulfill your needs.

Dear Gino thanks for your comment. Actually i have to compete with the other shops by giving rate to customer and thats why i was thinking Chinese brand means low price. There are thousands of suppliers in alibaba giving super attractive prices. Don't know finally what they will supply..might be ending of my business..

letterman7

Maintenance cost is relative to how often you use the machine. Use it every day and you'll replace consumables once or twice a year. Leave it sit and you'll replace more often. I'm a fan of my Mutoh 1204. It can sit for days with no issues (fingers now crossed :)). Mine might be the odd machine out, but I don't use it every day and the only thing I had to replace in the last 3 years was the Y drive motor. Even the maintenance station is the original from when I bought it (I know, I know.. change them at least twice a year. But if it's working, don't fix it!). So.. you'll need to look who sells in your area and make an educated decision on a quality machine.