• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for CHEAP printable vinyl

SameDay Signs

I’ve got a potentially HUGE deal to print some large circles 20”. , The problem is it is going on an indoor plastic piece I’m not concerned with longevity as it is indoors and will have to be laminated, I’m trying to see if anyone has a material that is ultra cheap sticky and I’ll use a generic laminate I currently use Arlon510 and it’s cheap and works but with the possible size being like 5k. Pieces at 20”. Just to save anywhere I can also didn’t know if there was a cheap 48” material or if I just kee using the Akron

any help or idea is appreciated a ton

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
If you're keeping in house, check with your vendor....Grimco...N Glantz...Bigfish...everyone has something that fits what your looking for. Question is, if you are mounting them why not use an air egress vinyl? May pay a few more pennies on the front side but the back side would be easier for mounting and such. Otherwise have an outsource partner/sponsor here direct print, lam and contour cut the graphics on the sheet for you.

Jeremiah

I have found that when I buy material CHEAP there is always a catch. Everytime. I end up with a problem if some sort. I lose on the other end of the deal. Old stock , Seconds etc. The .06 I saved costs me 6.00 . I do take a chance on some stuff for my own use, but not a big customer

CanuckSigns

One thing to keep in mind, one supplier here offers $99 /roll media, however the colour varies from roll to roll, one roll is bright white, the next has a blue tint to it, if that is a concern I would stick with the arlon and see if you can work out a discount with your vendor on the media you already know works.

SameDay Signs

sounds like we will just stuck with arlon for now....air release not needed to mount as i can free hand mount these in roughly 10 seconds without bubbles.....if i were to use air release it would be avery but i guess i was just trying to not waste so much material more then changing brands....with my printer being 54" and prints be 20" ea only getting 2 across just kind of kills me to waste and them laminated on top of it

zspace

Premium Subscriber
I've found that cheap media comes with trade offs. - media profiles don't work, colors are inconsistent, it's only available once, it shrinks immediately, it has bad areas, edges curl with the laminate used, etc.... Testing a new cheap media on a big project has risks.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
sounds like we will just stuck with arlon for now....air release not needed to mount as i can free hand mount these in roughly 10 seconds without bubbles.....if i were to use air release it would be avery but i guess i was just trying to not waste so much material more then changing brands....with my printer being 54" and prints be 20" ea only getting 2 across just kind of kills me to waste and them laminated on top of it
Avery makes 48 inch media if the cost is there for ya.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
General Formulations 220. 6mill.
Comes in a 54" x 100' roll for under$150.
If it's indoors your inks should last three years with out laminate.
I use 12 to 15 rolls per week with no problems.

TomK

General Formulations 220. 6mill.
Comes in a 54" x 100' roll for under$150.
If it's indoors your inks should last three years with out laminate.
I use 12 to 15 rolls per week with no problems.
Where do you get it for under $150 a roll? Fellers and Grimco online are higher than that, just curious if I need to find a new supplier!

d fleming

If you cheap out on that many pieces it will bite you in the a** if you have to do it again. I would be worried about shrinkage using cheap material and lam. Nothing like a call 3 or 4 months down the road telling you all these pieces are shrinking and the customer wanting them replaced.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a gloss white 3.2 Mil, Made in the USA Permanent Adhesive 54"x150' $81 plus shipping, but buying it by the pallet will only add a few dollars to the rolss costs.

Thanks.Fellers and Grimco are higher on EVERYTHING aren't they?

Sorta, yes, but I have found that Fellers will match any industry price. I gave them pricing from one of the cheapest suppliers we know of, Sign Outlet Store, and they matched every price. Now we buy most of our materials from Fellers, which is great because their service is WAY better than Sign Outlet Store anyway, IMO.

Jeremiah

Sorta, yes, but I have found that Fellers will match any industry price. I gave them pricing from one of the cheapest suppliers we know of, Sign Outlet Store, and they matched every price. Now we buy most of our materials from Fellers, which is great because their service is WAY better than Sign Outlet Store anyway, IMO.
I always consider this type of price matching.. SHADY BUSINESS! When you are a commercial account ( not a part time wanna be business) you should be able to call any wholesale company and get their wholesale price. No loops to jump thru. But that is just my opinion of straight forward business.

SameDay Signs

You're applying all of these? Just saying, if they were all positioned and immediately next to each other, that's like 13+ hours...
Yes and i have a couple workers that are a little slower but can be doing this as well...im not concerned with the time as im going to be getting paid nicely for this portion of it as well as the printing portion....ill have a couple guys prob do these over a couple days