• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for corrugated plastic - NOT coroplast

Rocco G

I have a customer that has the old style corrugated sign faces with cut out acrylic letters. One face is broken and we'd like to replace the broken side. None of my local suppliers have it. I know it's still made because those flashing arrow boards that you see around use it. I even installed one of those for a local men's store recently. If I do a google search I keep getting replacement faces for arrow boards, but I need them without the tracks. If I can't get a referral I'll ask one of the arrow board makers.

Thanks

Attachments

• barracks.jpg
    barracks.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 312

visual800

I want to say this has been discussed and I could be wrong but its not going to be possible to have that. Now heres the question WHY does your customer want this?

Rocco G

The photo is of their wall sign. The damaged sign (didn't have a photo handy when I made the original post) is their pole sign and only one face is broken. It's been there for decades and they would like to keep the look the same and not replace both faces. Plus this town is a royal PIA over copy changes on sign faces. It's NJ and we need to file 300 pieces of paper to sneeze more than once. If we just do a repair it's a non-issue.

The corrugated roofing panels are a series of curves (at least the ones I've seen) where this has flat sections. And IDK if they are strong enough for sign faces. I'll keep looking but thanks though.

Johnny Best

We use to do those faces by the hundreds in the 70s. We had a large vacuun forming machine. It was made with Uvex (made by Eastman Kodax, don't know if it is made anymore) to make it rigid and stronger. Any wholesale sign place that makes formed faces or pan faces should be able to help you.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Try Sign Faces in Alabama. Ive seen those types of signs around old parts of Texas. They have a unique look and Ibcan see why they like them.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I have a customer that has the old style corrugated sign faces with cut out acrylic letters. One face is broken and we'd like to replace the broken side. None of my local suppliers have it. I know it's still made because those flashing arrow boards that you see around use it. I even installed one of those for a local men's store recently. If I do a google search I keep getting replacement faces for arrow boards, but I need them without the tracks. If I can't get a referral I'll ask one of the arrow board makers.

Thanks
The correct nomenclature for that material is Corrugated Sta-Tuf V3 It is sold by Spartech Plastics https://www.gogsg.com/ASSETS/DOCUMENTS/ITEMS/EN/SPAV3W-104_broc.pdf

It is used in portable sign faces. Spartech sells yellow 48"x144"

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ask Steve at ABC. Right in your town. He will know where to get them. Bill taught him everything he knows and you can tell him I said so.

netsol

The photo is of their wall sign. The damaged sign (didn't have a photo handy when I made the original post) is their pole sign and only one face is broken. It's been there for decades and they would like to keep the look the same and not replace both faces. Plus this town is a royal PIA over copy changes on sign faces. It's NJ and we need to file 300 pieces of paper to sneeze more than once. If we just do a repair it's a non-issue.

The corrugated roofing panels are a series of curves (at least the ones I've seen) where this has flat sections. And IDK if they are strong enough for sign faces. I'll keep looking but thanks though.

rocco
it was there since 1979, i think
the previous business was a sunoco station, and i was very friendly with the owner (i forget his name) and his father gene.
that sign held up fairly well.

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
If my memory is working today, I believe those faces are made from V3 fiberglass. I now there are vendors on-line that you can purchase them from.

Rocco G

Thanks all. I was just dropping off some old neon parts to my local neon wholesaler and what do I see sitting on his floor but white sheets of V3. He tells me he got it from Acrylix.

Malkin

It case it helps you or future searchers, this places sells the common size sign face replacements of that V3 product. They'll sell with or without track I believe, and you can set up an account for wholesale pricing.
http://www.sssigns.com/