• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Embossed sign

I have a client that needs to match existing signs on the building. At first glance they look like a cast plaque from Gemini. On inspection they are engraved then the engraved part is painted gold and filled with a clear epoxy giving and embossed appearance. If anybody has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it. Photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 145

GB2

Old Member
I have a client that needs to match existing signs on the building. At first glance they look like a cast plaque from Gemini. On inspection they are engraved then the engraved part is painted gold and filled with a clear epoxy giving and embossed appearance. If anybody has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it. Photos attached.
Do you know what material they are made of and what thickness they are? I can't really tell from the picture, what type of edge do they have?

Do you know what material they are made of and what thickness they are? I can't really tell from the picture, what type of edge do they have?
It is either 1/8" painted aluminum or acrylic with square edges on the outside of the border.

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
I know, about 17-20 years ago, I used to get a 'doming gel' from (I think) Coastal Enterprises that accomplished exactly what you're describing. Of course, I'm not sure if CE is the correct company, and I'm not sure if it's still available, but, if you can find it, you will have your solution.

Bricoleur

Looks like poured polyurethane over cut vinyl. Some suppliers once had "doming kits" available for purchase. When applied to cut vinyl, the surface tension in the urethane would cause it to stop at the edge of the weeded vinyl making a "dome" effect. It does require some practice and it can be tedious but not difficult. I was able to achieve this with some two part urethane from one of the large home improvement stores but I would not trust it for very long if using outdoors. This may also do the trick: http://www.richardsonsupply.com/rapidome-doming-kit.html