• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Gerber Omega 2.0 software online

Dennis Schaub

Why is installing Omega so complicated? I have three dongles, several CDs of software and three computers and a confusing mess. Trying to get on older dongle (2.0) to operate on one of two olderish PCs. The first doesn't have a working CD drive and second has too new of OS apparently. Soooo, is there someplace I can download the software on the older PC? I checked the Gerber website with no luck. I've wasted way to much time on this already. I have a newer version running at my shop, was hoping to set up a back up system at home, but I'm about to throw in the towel. Thanks for any advice!

-Dennis

WildWestDesigns

If you have the software on CD/DVD at the office, "burn" it as an ISO file (essentially an optical media image. Put that on a jump drive and take it to the olderish computer without a working optical drive. I would assume that it has a working USB port.

If you don't want to do it the ISO route, then just extract all the files from the CD/DVD onto a folder on the jump drive and then do the same thing as above.

I suggest the ISO route only because optical drives (outside of workstations) are going to be harder and harder to find and going the ISO route on a hard-drive is a valid means of long term storage as well for backup purposes.

If you are using it on an OS older then Win 8.1, there is an open source software that will allow older Windows OS to see ISOs as CD/DVD drives and mount them accordingly (Portable WinCDEmu, which is a self contained exe file, just upload/remove driver accordingly when needed).

I work in a highly virtualized environment when it comes to Windows and associated programs, so this is something that I use daily due to use Linux as the main OS and not many programs ported to that OS. I would suggest people that have programs on CD/DVDs that they want to have backups to go the ISO route.

Last edited: