• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for help with a Graphtec FC7000 cutter, (solenoid) seems to be bad?

Hello, We have a Graphtec FC7000 that is suddenly acting strangely. The head that holds the cutting blade is moving up and down on its own accord.

I called Graphtec Tech Support and they said this machine is not longer supported. The tech suggested that from the sounds of it my solenoid in the cutter assembly may be bad. And of course suggested purchasing a new Graphtec cutter.

We are currently looking for a replacement solenoid, or some advise on if you've had this issue happen, and what did you do to fix it?

thanks in advance!

Julia at Paragon

JgS

I had the same problem with my Graphtech. Turned out to need a new headboard or control board, I forget.

JgS

It ended up as a door stop. If I remember correctly it wasn't very expensive, maybe around $300. I just didn't need it anymore. This was a while back and tech still had parts for it.

signage

You could contact thr plotter doctor and see if he can give you any advice and may also have the parts!

fresh

i think we had a problem like that that we literally solved with a drop of olive oil.

a few years ago, our cutter wasn't playing nice. after talking to multiple people, Dave at Beacon Graphics suggested we remove the blade cartridge thing, take the blade out, and then put a few drops of lubricating oil in it. We didn't have any lubricating oil, but I did have some olive oil (i was eating a lot of salads that year) so we used that and it worked. (i think i blew the excess out before re-inserting the blade).

i could be forgetting something because this happened about 4 years ago, but i'm sure we have never had a problem again. good luck!

Thanks for the advise about the (olive) oil. I have two other Graphtec cutters. So I did try using the blade holder from one of the others (that is cutting fine) and unfortunately it didn't solve the strange movement of the blade assembly. It still jumped up and down, on it's own accord, with the other blade holder assembly inserted.

Regarding the Plotter Doctor, who is that, is he/she on this forum?

thanks!