• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for new printer

23taltered

looking for a new printer. currently have a mutoh 1204 and a graphtec cutter. been great for 10 years looking to upgrade. i do some wrapping of race cars as well as trucks and alot of small decals. what i really need is a printer that will print on silver, gold or reflective that can be accurately contour cut. looking for outdoor durabilty of 3-5 years. i also have a 54" laminator. thanks in advance

AKwrapguy

If your looking for something that will print on a wide range of materials look at latex. You can laminate right after printing saving you time, no fumes to deal with, no waste ink to dispose of, etc... They do use 220 so you might have to get someone in to run a line if you don't already have one. Other than that we went from solvent/eco-solvent to latex and have never looked back.

CanuckSigns

If your looking for something that will print on a wide range of materials look at latex. You can laminate right after printing saving you time, no fumes to deal with, no waste ink to dispose of, etc... They do use 220 so you might have to get someone in to run a line if you don't already have one. Other than that we went from solvent/eco-solvent to latex and have never looked back.

I would test the materials on a latex before you commit, some materials do not react well to the heat of the latex machine.

Boosee

Just upgraded one of my customers from the mutoh 1204 to the new 1324X. perfect 54" printer that would match up with your laminator. Mutoh's quality and equipment longevity is second to none. stay with mutoh for sure.

unclebun

Not sure if you're having trouble with printing on silver, gold or reflective, but our old Mimaki JV3 and our Epson S70670 both print fine on those materials, and neither of our plotters (an olf Mimakg CG130FX and Graphtec FC8000) has trouble reading the marks.

23taltered

Not sure if you're having trouble with printing on silver, gold or reflective, but our old Mimaki JV3 and our Epson S70670 both print fine on those materials, and neither of our plotters (an olf Mimakg CG130FX and Graphtec FC8000) has trouble reading the marks.