Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Looking for oblong hole punch

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by mmblarg, Aug 11, 2017.

1. mmblarg

mmblarg Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Rapid City, SD
    We keep getting real estate signs with oblong holes and are asked to match them. Unfortunately we only have a heavy duty Heinrich Company hole punch that creates 0.25 inch circles. We're hoping to find a similar hand-operated punch that can create roughly 0.5x0.25 inch holes. This would need to be able to punch through 0.063 inch aluminum and 0.125 inch metal composite materials.

Anyone have any leads?

2. bigben

bigben Moderator Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I don't know if it help, but I went to a machine shop with my current punch and asked them to create another one with the specification needed. Work like a charm and it is built better than a OEM one.

3. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    The AccuCutter Cornermate will punch slots. This is a very good quality punch and comes in a couple of different size and price options:

Index

4. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I've been trying for two years to find one also. I almost got a local machine shop to convert my hiker grommet press into one.