• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Looking for oblong hole punch

mmblarg

We keep getting real estate signs with oblong holes and are asked to match them. Unfortunately we only have a heavy duty Heinrich Company hole punch that creates 0.25 inch circles. We're hoping to find a similar hand-operated punch that can create roughly 0.5x0.25 inch holes. This would need to be able to punch through 0.063 inch aluminum and 0.125 inch metal composite materials.

Anyone have any leads?

bigben

I don't know if it help, but I went to a machine shop with my current punch and asked them to create another one with the specification needed. Work like a charm and it is built better than a OEM one.

GB2

Old Member
The AccuCutter Cornermate will punch slots. This is a very good quality punch and comes in a couple of different size and price options:

Index

ams

I've been trying for two years to find one also. I almost got a local machine shop to convert my hiker grommet press into one.