• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for opinions...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know there are quite a few members here, both big and small who are doing wraps and partial wraps, so this is kinda directed towards those who create and design... to the people installing wraps designed by someone else.

We recently got two new trucks. Not new/new, but new to us. They are both white.

That being said, we're putting ideas together and racking our brains over doing work for ourselves. We've had ideas and thumbnails of high impact pictures to just plain lettering to colorful stuff to just a one layer of vinyl just applied instead of a wrap.

Came up with an idea that we like, but one of the guys here took it a little beyond what we're used to doing. He removed all the color and it's become basically a black & white with all the in-between grey tones. I really like it and so does everyone else.

My main concern is.... how many of you think being a digital printing company and advertising pictures, colors and all kinds of that stuff.... should we go colorless ??

I'm a firm believer in advertising what you do and show it through your own wares. We don't have anything in place other than the image we're using and placement of our name. We haven't figured out what type style to use yet and we're all over the place with that one. One wants serif and another wants sans-serif, while one doesn't want any effects and I was thinking of a beveled letter to give some relief.

Any ideas or opinions, please jot them down here.

Oh yeah..... here's along the lines we're thinking so far.
van b&w.jpg
van colored.jpg

SignManiac

I'd lean towards "some" color. Lettering "really" needs some work. But I agree, you have to show it if you want to sell it!

signage

Full color one is hard to read "& DIGITAL GRAPHICS", either fix it or go with the gray tone one!

rjssigns

Color is always better. Lettering needs to "push" off the background for legibility. Otherwise I like it.

Marlene

I think the gray toned owl works better than the colored one as you want it to be seen but not be all they see as you don't sell birds. the gray toned one is there but not so much in your face. the problem is with the copy. you have an interesting graphic and really boring lettering. I'd re-work the gray version with a better font for your name and put the color into the copy. leave the bird poop streaks off (whatever that rusty looking stuff is all over the colored version) as it looks like a rusty van instead of a graphic element to me.

slappy

liking the grey/silver/white version. pops very nice.

brown version looks like you went muddin or offroading or something

ucmj22

I think the full color is harder to read, but I wouldnt go with the black and white version either. It kind of looks like you ran out of ink. I would also consider going with a vector based owl icon and design for maximum effectiveness.

HulkSmash

a really quick simple mock up..I feel like something like this would be more effective.
looks like you want something simple.. so why not something that pops?
Colors taken from your site.

Attachments

• fordv_065 [Converted].jpg
    fordv_065 [Converted].jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 98

SD&F

I like the brown version and would notice that on the road. I would move the number and Graphics down a bit so it is more ledgible.

CES020

I think they both suck. If that's the best you can do, leave it white and move on, and you say you've been in the sign business for how long?

(only kidding, I'm practicing some of that "tough love" I keep hearing about on here :tongue: )

SignManiac

I'm picturing in my mind a big owl like graphic logo in the style of Dan Antonelli. All vector and forget photographs. I don't think a photo is necessary to get digital graphics across whether you're talking vehicles wraps or any other kind of full color work.