• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking for pressure sensitive gloss paper

chuckh

Need to find a paper product that we can digitally print and then adhere to 50 pt or heavier poster stock

AGCharlotte

I've used Sihl Imola PSA (3670)... it's more of a semi-gloss (looks like your typical gloss press sheet) than full-on gloss though.

chuckh

I am unfamiliar with that product. Can it be cut with a CO2 laser? Will it accept eco solvent ink?
–––

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I am unfamiliar with that product. Can it be cut w/ a CO2 laser and will it accept eco solvent ink?

Here is a result I just found on cutting polypro with laser:

I'm going to follow up on my own post for the benefit of anybody researching this question later.

I experimented with some cuts last night on HacDC's Full Spectrum Laser 20x12. My hypothesis was that at full power, the laser was melting the plastic so much that it was welding back together plastic it had cut during previous passes. I tried a variety of lower power settings with many passes and lower power settings at slower speeds. Ultimately I settled on 25% speed, 75% power, and 5 passes. It's not perfect -- there's some puckering of plastic around the cuts -- but it made clean cuts and didn't take all day (33 minutes for the shell). If I were doing it again, I might do 6 passes, at least for the large outline, which was a little jagged but sanded down nicely.