• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Printable Vinyl that will Adhere to PVC Mesh

Hey all,

I have a customer who purchased a black PVC Mesh material to go on a fence around a ball park.
The customer wants me to attach some large decals of the local baseball team to the mesh.
I have an HP Latex 365 to print with but I am not sure what vinyl material will adhere really well to the mesh.
A heat transfer vinyl may work but ironing 200' of HTV 36" tall would be a HUGE job for me...
Can anyone think of a high tack adhesive product made for this?

Thanks,
John
1298523838488716169.jpg
4986588084467565904.jpg

flyplainsdrifta

would vinyl not be defeating the purpose of using the mesh?also not sure how good your adhesion would be on that with any vinyl especially since you will have adhesive exposed thru to the other side. may be fighting an uphill battle on this one.

flyplainsdrifta

hmm. the only thing i can say for sure is you'll have a bit of testing to do. id start with the highest tack vinyl you got and go from there. how long are these expected to last for? I'm just unsure of the longevity of these, especially because quite a bit of the adhesive surface will be exposed in comparison to how much of the adhesive is actually stuck to the mesh. honestly i think you might have to play around to see if its even possible. other option is seeing if you can find someone to screen on the logo every x amount of feet to accommodate that part of the job. what is your timeline like on this job?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey all,

I have a customer who purchased a black PVC Mesh material to go on a fence around a ball park.
The customer wants me to attach some large decals of the local baseball team to the mesh.
I have an HP Latex 365 to print with but I am not sure what vinyl material will adhere really well to the mesh.
A heat transfer vinyl may work but ironing 200' of HTV 36" tall would be a HUGE job for me...
Can anyone think of a high tack adhesive product made for this?

Thanks,
John View attachment 133629 View attachment 133630

Might be easier to just zip tie some poly banners on the outside. Way easier to install I think.

flyplainsdrifta

yeah or just going mesh on mesh to keep with the theme. go full bleed black with logo on white mesh to blend it , zip tie to existing grommets within the mesh and bingo bango. problem solved.

ChicagoGraphics

I'd tell your customer you can't stick anything onto it as it defeats the purpose of the mesh its self, offer them a printed mesh banner with black background and their logos on it.

Shaun S

We use Arlon 8000 for things like this. Strong cast vinyl. If this doesn't work for that particular material, anything meant for brick or stucco will hold well. We use General Formulations 285 Roughmark in those cases. Any materials rep should be able to get you some small sample rolls to test.

bug

like Shaun S said some strong vinyl for brick or cut negative vinyl and spray ,paint it with color, if they want permanent and if logo is 1 color

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
rigid substrate bolted through the mesh to the fence would LOOK best, and allow contours if required... and 1/8" PVC is pretty soft when running full speed into it.

Thanks guys for all your advice.
I am thinking the Arlon 8000 may be what i am looking for.
The black mesh will be attached to this fence and putting the graphics directly on the mesh is preferable in my mind as there will be 100' or more with the name of the school spelled out in big letters and the mascot image also... if I print all that on another substrate and then attach that other substrate to the fence i just don't see it looking too good.
Grimco sells:

GF Concept 285 RoughMark
GF MotoMark Concept 235 Grip

My Grimco rep also just mentioned:
GF Concept 201-HTAP

Have any of you used either one of these?
I don't want to buy it and not have it work for this application.

Thanks again for your responses.

8469180106261377796%253Faccount_id%253D3

Last edited:

flyplainsdrifta

I've used rough mark but never for that app. like i said, its gonna be a fair amount of testing to see if they'll hold up. get a sample and stick it on some of the mesh, put it outside and see what happens.