• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for someone who can print and ship

dj_elite

I make custom light switch plates and need some stickers cut and shipped to me. I used to have a printer but sold it since I didnt use it much anymore. I use flexi 8.6 and would like the stickers to be printed on Oracal 3651 or similar with gloss clear lamination and contour cut. Simply printed, laminated, cut, and rolled up and shipped, no need to weed anything. These stickers are the size of light switch plates so approx 2.5"x4" and then just printed on sheets. Some all same design, some different. I need quality prints though. My last guys quality went way down and his customer support also. He had a bunch of banding and didnt care to fix it. I unfortunately at this time dont need much printed but any help would be appreciated.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I used flexi too and it's simple to sent it to them. Save the file first as a JPG, and then remove the artwork and save just the cut lines as an eps. Throw in some registration marks if you want. Doesn't take but 2-3 extra mins. once you understand it.

dj_elite

signs365 no flexi.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's your point ?? You can create it in Flexi, just export it or save it as a vector file, just not with a Flexi extension. You are making this harder than it really is.

dj_elite

OK I guess I'm not understanding. I need these printed in sheets with 100's of them on it. Would I send signs 365 1 large file (say 56" x 96") layed out with all my stickers/designs? Or just the one sticker/design (2.5"x4") and have them print it 100's of times?

printed sheet switch.jpg

bannertime

Do the exact same thing the video shows, but do it in flexi.

They'll print whatever you send them. Setup a 52x## file and tell them to print it 1000 times with contour cut. It make take a day or two extra.

You can see if stouse or 4over will do a custom quote for you, too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
design 1 sticker in flexi, export as EPS or PDF. done.

I think it's more economical to lay it out to the closest foot.

If I have 2"x5" stickers and sent them ONE file/sticker, I'd have to pay for the entire square foot am I right? I'd setup a 4'x8' or something big.

I know with SOLID substraits like Coro they'll fit everything on a sheet... but I don't think they do that for vinyl..I may be wrong.

dj_elite

So I placed an order with 100 stickers layed out. It was not fun to say the least. I made the 3 registration dots like they say to in the video. Then when I went to upload it stated I needed at least 5 registration dots. So I had to go back and redo both files again. It would be easy for a big graphic with a couple contour cuts, but for what I need it is a pain. The good news is if it works out I have the files saved for reprint, so I'm only going to have to do it once per design. Thank you guys for the help

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So I placed an order with 100 stickers layed out. It was not fun to say the least. I made the 3 registration dots like they say to in the video. Then when I went to upload it stated I needed at least 5 registration dots. So I had to go back and redo both files again. It would be easy for a big graphic with a couple contour cuts, but for what I need it is a pain. The good news is if it works out I have the files saved for reprint, so I'm only going to have to do it once per design. Thank you guys for the help

Yea, I just do three or so and ignore the message. I just send it to them and they print it just fine.

Andy D

Sorry, pet peeve rant;
STICKERS:
upload_2019-9-19_8-24-26.png

DECALS:
upload_2019-9-19_8-26-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-19_8-23-58.png
    upload_2019-9-19_8-23-58.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 210
  • upload_2019-9-19_8-24-10.png
    upload_2019-9-19_8-24-10.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 214

dj_elite

decal to me is cut vinyl with the use of application tape. Sticker is peel and stick (no application tape needed)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tomayto - tomahto...... I don't think it really matters what anybody calls it, as long as you are talking about the same thing and if not, just explain yourself so others may understand.

Andy D

Stickers are cheaply mass produced.
Decals are high quality & custom made.
I'm 90% joking, but I do think it adds a sense of value to your product, similar to an artist referring to their artwork as a painting rather than a picture.
I have worked at place where they would say things like; "we will get those stickers on your vehicle by the end of the day"

Last edited: