• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Looking for that new product?

jeffkics

Sign Says
So I have been in business for myself for about 8 years. I have a shop, with a Versacamm. I do the design, fabrication and installations.
I am a do it all shop for the most part. I take on most things. Banners, Yard signs, vehicles, wraps, lighted boxes, channel letters, pretty much eveything sign related. I have a sign shop about 10 miles from me and in a different market who says he's a wholesaler (he sells to us what he charges his customers) that does my yard signs and large prints on his UV flatbed, he also does my vehicle wrap installs. I sub-out banners to that cheap 365 place. But do vinyl, prints, and non-wrap vehicles in house. I stay away from shirts, business cards etc...
I am looking for that next money maker product. Do I dare say I am burning out? not really still love everything I do (except maybe changing plex sign faces in my bucket truck on a windy day)
I have been looking at equipment. Maybe the VersaUV benchtop printer. But don't know what my ROI would be on it, especially since I don't know what it can sell.
Looking for Suggestions, Opinions and Rants/Raves

henryz

It seems that if you were to get a flat bed / roll to roll you could be doing everything but the actual wrapping and cut off your competition.

papabud

Lone Wolf
thats what i would suggest. look at all your outsourced items and start bringing them in house. thats what we been doing over the last 2 years. bringing stuff back in house that we have been subbing out