• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Looking for UV flatbed printer with printmarks recognition optical / camera system

tomash

Hi,
I am ooking for UV flatbed printer with epson dx7/8 printheads
and marks recognition optical / camera system - something like optiscout
or any ultra high addressed resolution (over 600 dpi) uv printer that is possible to customize to add optical recognition system

any relevant information can help....

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
May I ask why you need the printer to have an optical recognition system?
It's the router that usually needs them to see where to begin cutting.
I dare say all UV printers could print out the relevant marks however. It'd be in the RIP.

Superior_Adam

Its the RIP software that will produce the registration marks. We use a Zund cutter and all registration marks come from their Prep Center or through the Fiery RIP Software. I am not sure which flatbed would use those heads. I would highly suggest the EFI 24f using the Ricoh heads

tomash

Its the RIP software that will produce the registration marks. We use a Zund cutter and all registration marks come from their Prep Center or through the Fiery RIP Software. I am not sure which flatbed would use those heads. I would highly suggest the EFI 24f using the Ricoh heads

Hi Adam - thank you for your advice but I need printer that can read registration marks - not to print it.

tomash

May I ask why you need the printer to have an optical recognition system?
It's the router that usually needs them to see where to begin cutting.
I dare say all UV printers could print out the relevant marks however. It'd be in the RIP.

Yes usually it's cutter - but I need it for special lenticular print.

Christian @ 2CT Media

OCE, SwissQ Print, and Jetrix I know can do it with no special ccd alignment. They just have a precision of sub .001mm

You can even do lenticular prints on a Latex with special media

tomash

OCE, SwissQ Print, and Jetrix I know can do it with no special ccd alignment. They just have a precision of sub .001mm

You can even do lenticular prints on a Latex with special media

Yes SwissQ is great and precise machine - but they are using KM1024 printheads - with only 6pl drop and 360 dpi native resolution. I need addressed resolution 600 dpi at least - better 1440 addressed dpi - so this is possible only with epson dx7/8 printheads - 1.5pl drop size. Somehow only chinese uv flatbeds are using this heads and Roland Versa. This is reason why I need to customize printer to be able print 600 dpi and more with precision of SwissQ.