• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for vector lake maps

Dennis Schaub

I recently started creating lake signs for locations all over the US. Basically just the name of the lake and the profile of the lake itself. I have been struggling to find a good source for clean vector files of these lakes though. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Billct2

I agree. I would think the type of signs you are talking about don't need a perfect image since lots of details get lost anyhow.

AKwrapguy

I recently started creating lake signs for locations all over the US. Basically just the name of the lake and the profile of the lake itself. I have been struggling to find a good source for clean vector files of these lakes though. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Try looking for a Topo map of the area. I know that at one point you used be able to download them from the USGS.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I know there is a way to get the topo data from the maps online. Look up 3D laser/CNC cut lake maps and see if someone has it posted on where they get their data.

Depending on how much detail you need, try nationalmaps.gov. They've got downloadable pdfs in vector form. There may be other government agencies that have that info available too. Or check with the Russians--they probably have some good info.

shoresigns