• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking To Add A Printer

Chippy

Looking for opinions on sign printers. We currently are using a 52" Graphtec plotter to cut vinyl and we are looking to expand our capabilities by adding a printer. The printer will be used for special event signage and other miscellaneous sign projects that present themselves. We are looking at an HP printer and I would like to hear what you are using and how the HP compares to other printers that are out there.

bannertime

I can't even count the times that we've heard "you've saved our life!" by being about to produce something within an hour. When working with trade-shows in the area, being able to do last minute graphics is a necessity. The HP allows this at about half the cost of other machines with the capability. There's lots of threads about the actual cost of running the machine, so I won't go into that, but on my prior fact alone, I'd always have a machine with it's capabilities. It'd be my top three purchases if I started a new location.

AKwrapguy

Just got my HP 570 delivered and set up yesterday.....while I'm still playing with it and figuring out the new work flow it's a beast of a machine and has already allowed us to change somethings to increase efficiency literally right out of the box. The latex machines offer scale-able solutions with almost endless opportunity for media. In the short time I've had it the amount of options for profiling to fine tune for media is astounding and I can't wait to get everything dialed and see what they can do.

DJr

We just bought a Roland VG-640 print / cut and the color and print quality is second to none. It also gives you the ability to contour cut after printing and lamination. This is the fourth Roland I've owned and I can honestly say I've been happy with with all of them.