• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy a pad printer

bigben

I'm contemplating the idea of buying a pad printer to mainly do prints on security hard hats. Yes I've googled it, but would like to know if I should or not go in that direction. What machine should I look for and is there any distributor in Canada?

Thanks.

A good pad printer with multiple colors was a really good money maker a few years ago, but nowadays the flatbed UV printers takes all the jobs, better, quicker, cheaper. So the question is whether the hats alone will bring you enough profit. I use my pad printer only to stamp the "fake postal stamp" on my bubble envelopes.

bigben

Manuel or automatic? also how man colors?

I'm just starting my homework. I would like automatic with a 5 colors, but it depend of pricing.

A good pad printer with multiple colors was a really good money maker a few years ago, but nowadays the flatbed UV printers takes all the jobs, better, quicker, cheaper. So the question is whether the hats alone will bring you enough profit. I use my pad printer only to stamp the "fake postal stamp" on my bubble envelopes.

It's just I've got more and more demand about this. Just for the hard hat, I think I would print maybe 50 to 100 units per week. If there is a better technology to print on hard hat, I'm open to suggestions.

visual800

May I ask who is showing all this interest in you doing hardhats? Would this be easier to sub out the printing as opposed to you owning the printer? Hardhats is an odd thing for someone requesting they need printing. Not trying to stomp your pad printer dreams, just asking can you justify owning one.

I'm just starting my homework. I would like automatic with a 5 colors, but it depend of pricing.

It's just I've got more and more demand about this. Just for the hard hat, I think I would print maybe 50 to 100 units per week. If there is a better technology to print on hard hat, I'm open to suggestions.

Pad printing is the only way to customize hard hats. What I try to tell you that it's not an easy money. A used 5 color machine is around $5000, if you make $1 profit on each hat (I don't think you can make more than that with ink, plate making, labor) that's still 5000 hats to do just to return the investment. Beside of the hard hats you can do custom balloons too :)

Johnny Best

hardhats&ballons.jpg