• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to Buy a UV Flatbed Printer

TomNJ

Hello:

We are in the market for a flatbed UV printer. Would buy a 4x8, but we can't fit one in our shop.

A 4x5 would would be perfect for our needs and space limitations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sindex Printing

I had space restrictions also and we went with a Mutoh 1638uh hybrid printer. It took a lot of effort to get it printing correctly. Once we got it dialed in the print quality if very good. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Once you get a small flatbed, there's no going back, so why not try to reconfigure your shop to meet a normal flatbed size ?? Unless you're not talking about a true flatbed and looking at hybrids.

FishnSigns

I’m about to list our HP FB700. It’s a hybrid so the footprint is smaller but can handle full sized sheets message me if you are interested. Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought hybrids took up a larger area, cause you need the space to put a 4 or 5 x 10 or 12 on the entry side, then the same space coming out ?? Plus your left to right area. As it ssts on the floor, not working, it's smaller, but when in use, it uses a lotta space. We have a room 55' long and 35' wide for our flatbed. The longest thing gone through to date was 62" × 20'. All total was about 48' from start to finish. That was fun.......

TomNJ

Thanks for the replies. A hybrid takes up more space when in production, only less space when idle, when printing on am 8' sheet, you need 8' on the input side, plus the width of the printer then 8' on the output side. Definately not going with a hybrid. Plus a hybrid is a compromise at best. Reconfiguring the shop and getting rid of some unused equipment to make room for a true vacuum flatbed.

equippaint

They dont all need 8’ in and out. Pretty sure an fb750 can print 8’ width. Theres a lot of arguments to be made but I think a hybrid will win the space debate no matter how you look at it.