• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to get into Full Color Transfers. Which system do I choose.

rebelkustoms

I have had a sign/tshirt business for 13 yrs now. I have been using the Stahls Cad cut/ Fashion Film etc. for 10 years. I am happy with it and I have made a lot of money on it. I print mostly 100% or poly cotton. I keep having to turn away customers that want on demand photographic and full color stuff though. I have ordered the preprinted full color stuff from stahls and it is a great products. I would like to buy a printer and start doing this at home but I want a similar result to those stahls printed conform cut transfers. I do not have a large format printer and I am not really interested in trying to upkeep one of those big guys, I have a fellow sign maker who sells me printed stuff at cost and it is way less than owning and maintaining my own rig. Is there any smaller scale printers out there that can give good results, I am also open to any info on any imprint systems I am just new to this whole portion of things and I dont want to waste money and have a product that will damage my reputation. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

rjssigns

Best bet is to join a dedicated t-shirt forum. They will have the exact answers you're looking for.

Otherwise you can look into an OKI laser printer and laser printable "self-weed" sheets. At some point I will add this set-up. Easy sell since every office needs a printer.:cool:

Tizz

A roland BN 20 may suit your needs. It does full colour and you can add stickers too.

I've used Siser colorprint material and this can be pressed straight out of the printer (eco sol inks). The finish is brilliant and soft hand. Stretch is also good and the print is durable. There are a lot of materials that can give good results.

I second the t shirt forum site. You will find a lot of info there.

klingsdesigns

A roland BN 20 may suit your needs. It does full colour and you can add stickers too.

I've used Siser colorprint material and this can be pressed straight out of the printer (eco sol inks). The finish is brilliant and soft hand. Stretch is also good and the print is durable. There are a lot of materials that can give good results.

I second the t shirt forum site. You will find a lot of info there.

Siser Colorprint easy we use all the time. We use a vp540, but if you dont want to go big i would do the bn 20 also.

Mike_Koval

Roland BN-20

This small machine lives for print/cut transfers. Great for 1-24 piece runs. Prints with great quality and same reliability as the larger Roland units. Its no speed merchant by any means but if you want to add full color a great way to go. You can expect the same results you get from Stahls as they sell the products in rolls for the BN-20...well any solvent/eco-solvent printer on the market for that matter.