• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking To Sell Graphix Advantage 6.0 - Advice?

Rico

I have a GA 6.0 Elite with dongle that has never even been out of the box. I bought it as an add-on when I got my Gerber plotter in 1999. I now am moving and want to sell it.

Although an outdated program, it can be upgraded though Denco Sales (or probably any GSP rep) to OMega 6.0 for $850. The same Omega program without trade is $3,500.

Is this a place to sell something like this or does anyone have know of a good place to sell signmaking software?

Rico

To be honest, I don't know. I know in it's current state it is not worth much because it's outdated, but it's trade-in value for Omega is worth quite a bit.

Make me an offer?

MrPrinter

To be honest, I don't know. I know in it's current state it is not worth much because it's outdated, but it's trade-in value for Omega is worth quite a bit.

Make me an offer?
Will you accept $200? Please let me know Thx

Rico

Sorry to go back and forth here, but I have someone locally who wants to buy it for the same amount. I'd rather not package and ship if I don't have to

MrPrinter

Sorry to go back and forth here, but I have someone locally who wants to buy it for the same amount. I'd rather not package and ship if I don't have to
If I go up to $250 will that allow us to proceed with sale?? Please let me know thx

Rico

I am sorry to be so flaky and I appreciate your understanding. It was never really about he amount, I just need it gone. I am moving my shop into my house and I am liquidating most of my old equipment.

The other person is coming tomorrow to pick it up or I would sell it to you for $200.

MrPrinter

me: "Will you accept $200? Please let me know Thx"

You: "Yes if you can pay for shipping, or use your UPS/FedEx account. I can box up no charge."

so why are you going back on this deal?

Rico

me: "It was never really about he amount, I just need it gone. I am moving my shop into my house and I am liquidating most of my old equipment."

That is exactly what it boils down to. I am busy as hell and need it gone. Plus I have never sold anything out of state before. I have someone on my doorstep wanting to buy it or I could sell it to you and try and figure out how to deal with Paypal, wait however long it takes to get a check from them (assuming they send out checks??), then package up the program and send it to you whenever all of that gets squared away. Meanwhile trying to run a 1-man shop and move my shop at the same time.

I am sincerely sorry, but that's all I can offer you. You and pinstripe guy are correct, that was not nice. I should to have said yes before I could think about payment/shipping.

MrPrinter

for the record , we could have arranged a different payment method

basically u just soldout on ur word for couple hundred bucks...

hmmm guess "integrus" means different things to different people ....u are gonna attract some bad karma Rico

Last edited:

Rico

"integrus"?

Oh wow, guilt from a sign forum.

Karma was created by Hindu priests as a way to keep people in the lower ranks for the castes system content with being treated like crap. it's a BS religious concept.

Rico

well "say one thing do another" is not really a personal philosophy or anything like that, but I appreciate that your sympathy for my situation.

To be blunt, I was selling a program that originally costs $3k+ an is still worth $2k for upgrades and you offer $200 and act all but-hurt becuase I didn't honor some cyber-handshake. I apologized several times but I am the labeled the anti-guru for wanting to spend more time dealing with real issues. Mkay.

Last edited:

Terry01

Wow you can on here wanting to sell it..don't ever come back wanting advise..We will give it to the next guy instead

equippaint

Putting stuff into a box is so hard and complicated. It would be much easier if the mailman came by everyday.... except sundays of course