• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to step up from cut vinyl to printing my decals

stickersmith

Hello all...I am a newbie here and I was hoping for some advice. I have been selling decals now for quite some time online through various sites. The decals I sell range from simple to very complex and since I'm using a Roland GX-24 with cut vinyl I am spending countless hours weeding. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if I were just weeding simple decals, but the some of the ones I sell can take up to 30 minutes to weed one decal and I've been doing this for about 5 years. I mostly sell black and white decals, but have a few color options like red, blue, yellow, green..etc.

I am wanting to step up to digital printing, but would like to use a smaller printer/ plotter around 24"-36". I was hoping to print on a clear material that will not require lamination as most of my decals are for indoor applications. I would also like to have the ability to print white as well. I am looking to really cut down on the "time spent weeding" and be able to put more time in with my family. I currently work a full time job during the day and produce decals about 3-4 nights out of my week. The business is doing very well and it become hard for me to keep up with the demand currently.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be great..thank you

StickerSmith

Molenbeek

Look into the Gerber Edge FX. its a little smaller then the 24" you are looking at, but the ease of use- as well as the ability to print white and other colors makes it easy for someone not running it full time. Plus because of its thermal nature- you don't need lamination.

klingsdesigns

i would say gerber or outsource. No way would you pay back a bigger printer if your just doing small decals. Unless your doing a ton of them.

stickersmith

I looked at the gerber, but also was contacted with information about a Summa DC4sx thermal printer. Does anyone know much about it or cost? Also, I do a lot of decals, but sell them for about 10 bucks a pop...so I sell about 600 per month or more. Thats a lot of weeding for one man.