• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to upgrade my Scanner

Pat Whatley

I'm sure I'm gonna catch it for this but here goes....

I've got an Epson Perfection V30 Flatbed Scanner ($60) and a Canon Pixma printer/scanner combo ($40) that both outperform the $1200 Canon Art Scanner we bought 8 years ago and the $600 Microtec we replaced it with.

Rooster

I'm sure I'm gonna catch it for this but here goes....

I've got an Epson Perfection V30 Flatbed Scanner ($60) and a Canon Pixma printer/scanner combo ($40) that both outperform the $1200 Canon Art Scanner we bought 8 years ago and the $600 Microtec we replaced it with.

I bought a Canon 8800F ($200) and it does just as good a job on transparencies as my drum scanner ($85,000) ever did. Too bad nobody shoots film anymore. I used to love selling 4x5" scans for $125 a pop.

Pat Whatley

Depends on exactly what you're doing but I'd say almost everything a typical sign shop does can be handled very capably by a $200 scanner, especially since these days most customers can provide digital artwork more easilly than hard copies anyway.