• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking To Use Cutting Plotter

Guimb0

Hi guys,
I'm looking to buy a used cutting plotter. Witch brand i shoud look at ?
I have all ready a printer from Mimaki so...

My need:
-54'' Wide
-Wide print cut
-Windows tint cut
-PPF cut
-I'm Canadian buyer

Thank's for help

tc2903

Hi guys,
I'm looking to buy a used cutting plotter. Witch brand i shoud look at ?
I have all ready a printer from Mimaki so...

My need:
-54'' Wide
-Wide print cut
-Windows tint cut
-PPF cut
-I'm Canadian buyer

Thank's for help
I bought a used gcc j4-101s to cut ppf. It works great with xpel, suntek, & similar thickness film. BUT due to the texture grid drums under the rollers, they leave permanent texture tracks on thicker ppf(old 8mil 3m, clearshield, 14mil 3m, etc)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Christian @ 2CT Media

Have you tried heating the film after cutting? Most films will settle back to flat.

We used to cut 21mil film a lot without marks on our old jaguar we would only get marks when we used too much pressure.

tc2903

Have you tried heating the film after cutting? Most films will settle back to flat.

We used to cut 21mil film a lot without marks on our old jaguar we would only get marks when we used too much pressure.
I'll try again heating it again. It seems the films with track marks have a more malleable top coat. And apparently the rollers & drums are pressing the film hard enough to leave the mark on top but not underneath. Weird? Did u adjust the middle roller pressure when cutting the think material? Thanks for the input!

tc2903

And im planning to upgrade to gcc j5 just not to have the problem. Suggestion?

tc2903

Check out the RX series, or I'd highly recommend moving over to Summa if you want thick material processing and speed + accuracy.
Ok I'll check out rx & summa. Thanks! But I'll have to figure out a solution for the marks; the plotter shouldn't be doing that. The reason I'm looking at the fc700(used 54" for $1300) & j5(new 40" $2200) is the price & I'm familiar with the controls. I'm just using it to cut paint protection film (8&14mil).