• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Losing Weight.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone else is doing the diet thing. I looked at the archives and the threads on weight loss are years old. I started to diet with one plan and switched within a couple of days after starting when I realized that the diet was not sustainable. I am now on the WFPBLS(Whole Food Plant Based LifeStyle) plan and have lost over 30 pounds. I have gotten off my blood pressure meds and have reduced my diabetic meds significantly with lower blood sugar levels. Best thing is that I'm never hungry and can eat as much as I want.

If anyone is interested in this life style change, You can get started by checking out this website. https://www.drmcdougall.com/ It's all free information and direct to the point.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Lost 35lbs in 3 months. Calorie counting only, no exercise as I had back issues at the time. Stuck with a 1200 kCal plan the entire time, no cheats etc.
After the 2nd week my carb cravings had finally gone it was easy to maintain.

decalman

Good for you. I also lost about,50 lbs, 10 years ago. I slowly transist to vegan. I love the food. People think it's just munching on lettuce. No way. Once you know the ropes, your in the drivers seat. I stopped drinking also and am now super healthy, but I must admit.....no fun in it. But it's worth the health benefits

ams

Working out at a gym or even at home with a basic set will help reduce weight and gain muscle as well.Tons of people think jogging will lose a ton of weight, but it doesn't.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I transitioned from fast food to MOSTLY whole fruits and veggies (going gluten free naturally eliminated a bunch of packaged food) It's amazing how your taste buds change when you eliminate all that crap. Fruits and veggies taste amazing. Carrots are super sweet. I actually salavate and look forward to veggies now that I truley know how they taste.

bannertime

That's great!

I recently got brought into the Soylent lifestyle. I did it for a few months. Was nice for me because I'm so tired to trying to figure out what to eat. Just tired of eating in general really.

2B

lost over 125lbs and the best I've ever felt.

Intermittent Fasting and switched to a high-fat diet. (good fats, avocados, coconut oils, etc.)
removed all GLUCOSE & GLUTEN

very helpful information from
Dr. Jason Fung
&
Dr. Eric Berg

Marlene

I've been doing ketogenic for a year as of the first week of July. Lost a lot of weight but what I am super happy about is my migraines are better and I am off all the GERD meds I've had to take for years. I do lazy keto which means I don't actually weigh or measure anything, I just keep it under 20 carbs per day. Really easy to do and really easy to live with.

ikarasu

I lost 20 lbs just giving up soda. You never really think about it, but it's so many calories... I've never been able to drink water though. I found tea to be a good substitute. Low / no calories.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I lost 20 lbs just giving up soda. You never really think about it, but it's so many calories... I've never been able to drink water though. I found tea to be a good substitute. Low / no calories.
Try Topo Chico in glass bottles if its available. Its a good substitute

ikarasu

Try Topo Chico in glass bottles if its available. Its a good substitute
Never seen it in Canada. First thing that came up in Google was "topo Chico Canada" so I guess a lot of people searched for it!

I use Perrier once in awhile, mix it with real lemon packs, or fresh squeezed lemons, it's pretty good.

Lately I've been buying passion tea mix from Starbucks .Its like 30-40 calories per 2 cups, tastes great too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Never seen it in Canada. First thing that came up in Google was "topo Chico Canada" so I guess a lot of people searched for it!

I use Perrier once in awhile, mix it with real lemon packs, or fresh squeezed lemons, it's pretty good.

Lately I've been buying passion tea mix from Starbucks .Its like 30-40 calories per 2 cups, tastes great too.

Perrier is sewage compared to Topo. I know it's all carbonated water but the topo in glass bottles is amazing. I wish they sold it everywhere but it's mainly in Texas

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't think it's a bad idea to follow a pre-designed diet but they all come down to the same thing. The number one thing is counting calories and having a good idea about how many calories you burn per day. It takes a few weeks to get into a groove but once you do you will lose weight consistently. The other main things are sugar, beer and carbs are the enemy. You do need a certain amount of carbs to function in life so it's not that you need 0% but you shouldn't be eating pizza, bread and other high carb foods regularly. Sugar and alcohol though should be as close to 0 as possible. Exercise does help with weight loss but it's more about gaining strength to support your frame. Most back and joint issues stem from being overweight and also having low strength especially in the core. So you can follow diets like intermittent fasting and keto and they do work but part of the reason is because they all use a calorie deficit to lose the weight.

TL;DR - Eat veggies and lean meats as much as possible. Keep carbs to a recommended daily value and cut out the sugar and alcohol. Exercise for overall cardiovascular and muscular health not just losing weight and you will feel great 90% of the time. Nothing is perfect.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe there are many reasons and ways to lose weight. The key ingredient is..... you got to a point you honestly wanna lose weight. Whether it's medical reasons, personal reasons or you just figure it's time to do something about it, between food in-take, what kind and some sort of exercise, you'll get to your goal.

I personally feel it's more of what you eat, when you eat and light exercise, than anything else. Having 6 small meals a day is far better than 2 or 3 larger meals. What you're eating, how much and the quality of the food with a very minimal amount of doing something from swimming, to walking or light exercise will do wonders for you. Also, get you back on track for feeling better and becoming healthier. Over the last few years, I've lost almost 65lbs. I feel good for the most part.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I also drink close to a gallon of well water from the well in my house a day. I KNOW where that water comes from and nothings been added to it.

This well water is not to be confused with any water I might use with my libations. :bushmill:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I also drink close to a gallon of well water from the well in my house a day. I KNOW where that water comes from and nothings been added to it.

This well water is not to be confused with any water I might use with my libations. :bushmill:

I grew up on well water! The first time I had city water it tasted like a pool.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Isn't it funny how most water has a taste ?? Even that so-called Spring Water they sell in the stores. I've seen and heard of studies done on all those water bottles sold at stores and most of them are doctored up poor water. Some are even from polluted water, just tampered with.

Johnny Best

I have a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system set up. My Uncle Forrest swore by the water from the mountain springs in Hot Springs, Arkansas. But if you want to lose weight, stop eating so much and work out.
You have never seen a fat person in those photos of the people in consecration camps, do not think they did any calorie counting and would have devoured gluten food.