• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost cyan and yellow

blackraven

Hey everyone! I got a bit of a problem.

I have a mimaki cjv 30- 160, and I have lost one yellow and one cyan in my print test! Now when I say I've tried everything, I really mean I've tried pretty much everything. I have so far replaced all the dampers all the washers and rubber fittings; I've replace the ink lines; I've replaced the tcaps/Clips that sit on top of the dampers; I've replaced the entire capping station; ive replace the pump, and made sure everything was all aligned. I then wiped off my encoder strip and preped the dampers by pushing in the solenoid valves and flooded the damper. Not to mention the countless nozzle washes, cleanings, and soaks (Oh my) nozzle washes, cleanings, and soaks (Oh my)!!!!!!
I've done it all. I don't know what else to do I can't get the 2 colors to come back and my company's been down for three weeks now because of the machine. I need help and I need help fast!!!! If anybody has any advice or questions that I may not have been clear on in my issues please please please please please help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the dampers are filling properly, we can assume the issue is not above the damper. So it has to be something to do with the head itself or below. When you changed the dampers, if all of the other colors came through except for the yellow and cyan, we can pretty much rule out a cap top or pump issue. So unfortunately those nozzles are clogged, damaged or there could be internal damage inside the head. After trying everything you already have, the next step is to flush those channels and see if you can actually get solution to flow through. If the solution flows through and that channel still won't print, the head is most likely fried. If the solution doesn't go through at all or very little, it could just be clogged and need a little work.

AKwrapguy

So first question, why is this news? Second question do you have any air in the lines? Did you replace the heads? Can you pull ink through the heads at all? What happened when this issue first started?

MikePro

did you lose colors suddenly, or was it result of some other maintenance you may have performed?
not 100% familiar with that machine, but in the past people's posts about colors dropping-out, were result of damper manipulation causing the plastic bits(manifold) that they insert-into to crack/break or a capping station not making a proper seal or a pump not functioning properly.