• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost Pinch Roller message?

anozira02

Cj-500 gives me the error message "Lost Pinch Roller" after pushing the setup key. I checked all three pinch roller positions and they are right on the money.. one way left, one in the middle and the other over to the right.. Naturally it wont let me to do anything after that comes up..I restarted the printer a few times, still the same message. Has anyone had this problem with the Roland?

SolitaryT

I don't have a CJ-500 or know anything about them, but our SP-540V has had this problem several times. What we had to do is clean the data strip that runs from the motherboard to the printhead. Use isopropyl alcohol. If this doesn't work, you may need to replace the data strip. That is, if your printer even has one. I'm not fully versed. Just two cents of knowledge.

anozira02

It does have two data strips, one going to each head on the head board..will work on it this weekend,, will also do a sensor check in the service manual.. This is a backup head board I want to get the kinks out. I noticed there are two resistors blown also on the head board sitting right in front of the lower right corner of the heat sinker,,, not getting any reading on those with my tester,, it may have something to do with it as well...Thanks for the help!