• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In Lowe's is now competing with signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

2B

Interesting display found in the local Lowe's store.

The helper didn't have any prices when asked.

eb83dfb03ea19f7d81566178a5e9f0e5.jpg
0f680517d9932aef23f01ee50104bdc5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

bannertime

I've always thought that someone could make some money by teaming up with these types of stores. I'd really love to see their pricing on yard signs "..in minutes!"

LPS

$40 for a d/s coro sign. $20ea for 10. Yet, they're at $2 sqft on banners. o_O Standard 10-12 day turn around.

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

Probably a front for Vista Print or Build-a-sign.

It says "powered by crown graphics" on the top of the site, also this is in their FAQ:

Can I Find Images On The Internet?
Yes! We will not print anything that is trademarked or watermarked, but you can search for images on Google. You should always look for large images using the following steps:

• Save the image to your desktop to upload into our design tool!
  • Right click on the image, and select “Save Image As”
  • Once you’ve found the image you want, click on the “View image” button
  • Click the down arrow next to “Any Size” and select Large
  • Click the “Search Tools” button. Another row of options will populate
  • Select the “Image” tab
  • Type search term in your browser bar

T_K

Can I Find Images On The Internet?
Yes! We will not print anything that is trademarked or watermarked, but you can search for images on Google.

"Here's how to violate copyright law in a few easy steps! But who cares about copyright as long as there's no trademark or watermark on it?"

equippaint

Much like home depot cluttering their aisles with display boxes of cheap chinese crap and trying to sell car parts and oil filters. You can almost smell desperation in these places from the constant requirement to exceed last quarters sales or heads roll. These big corporations cant do just healthy net profit, growth is the only thing that keeps them alive. Why else would they waste their time with this? Theyre too incompetent to do a good job at their core business so just keep throwing out more crap and see what sticks.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I wish instead of this bull crap they would spend their money adding more then one cashier at the contractor/lumber checkout area.

"Hey let's have our most frequent repeat customers that are not totally price sensitive that spend big $$ wait in a line on the other end of the store where we only have one register open, and a bunch of useless employees standing at computers all around them that can't actually ring anyone up"

but wait... "Let's also block the covered driveway with orange cones so no one can pull up and load their new purchases up conveniently"....

wait one last thing.. "Lets also block not one whole isle, but TWO isles with our fork lifts for 15-30 mins and have extra people at the ends of them with bright orange flags so the customers can't slip by pickup what they need".

Should we keep all the empty carts outside all over the parking lot and leave none in the isles they need them in? YES!! Make them steal each other's unattended cart and start a fist fight!

"What happens if I see a customer struggling to load long heavy pieces of wood into the cart that keeps rolling away?" Well, if you have "LOADER" on your shirt, just ask them if they are finding everything OK and keep walking, let other customers offer to help them.

Hey, let's also store the concrete out in the rain! WOOOHOOO!!!

Last edited:

billsines

I wish instead of this bull crap they would spend their money adding more then one cashier at the contractor/lumber checkout area.

"Hey let's have our most frequent repeat customers that are not totally price sensitive that spend big $$ wait in a line on the other end of the store where we only have one register open, and a bunch of useless employees standing at computers all around them that can't actually ring anyone up"

but wait... "Let's also block the covered driveway with orange cones so no one can pull up and load their new purchases up conveniently"....

wait one last thing.. "Lets also block not one whole isle, but TWO isles with our fork lifts for 15-30 mins and have extra people at the ends of them with bright orange flags so the customers can't slip by pickup what they need".

Should we keep all the empty carts outside all over the parking lot and leave none in the isles they need them in? YES!! Make them steal each other's unattended cart and start a fist fight!

"What happens if I see a customer struggling to load long heavy pieces of wood into the cart that keeps rolling away?" Well, if you have "LOADER" on your shirt, just ask them if they are finding everything OK and keep walking, let other customers offer to help them.

Bought some cabinets at Menards once. Had a few employees standing around watching. Went over to grab one of the carts, and the worker grabs it too and tells me "this is for my customer" who was in line AFTER me to get their cabinets. I was so mad I was loading a 6' tall pantry all by myself by bear hugging the thing while they all watched. BEyond aggravating.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Don't forget about hiring people who lack a basic understanding of tools.

"Where are the post hole diggers?"
"The what?"
"... post hole diggers?"
"I'm not sure what that is."
"Really? It looks kind of like two shovels bolted together so you can dig a hole for posts?"
"Oh, you mean scissor spades?"

Honest to god conversation I had with a Home Depot employee. Maybe someone somewhere calls a post hole digger a scissor spade, but in my almost 30 years of doing sign work and construction, I have never ever heard anyone call it a "scissor spade" until that day.

I also had to explain what a fence post driver was to an employee once.

equippaint

Don't forget about hiring people who lack a basic understanding of tools.

"Where are the post hole diggers?"
"The what?"
"... post hole diggers?"
"I'm not sure what that is."
"Really? It looks kind of like two shovels bolted together so you can dig a hole for posts?"
"Oh, you mean scissor spades?"

Honest to god conversation I had with a Home Depot employee. Maybe someone somewhere calls a post hole digger a scissor spade, but in my almost 30 years of doing sign work and construction, I have never ever heard anyone call it a "scissor spade" until that day.

I also had to explain what a fence post driver was to an employee once.
They used to have knowledgeable people and most departments were staffed by tradesman. When you went to plumbing, the guys were plumbers. They paid well so they could get those people and provided full time with benefits. Then came this shift in attitudes of these corporate leaders lock step with this hateful political tide where everyone thinks workers are being overpaid, knowledge is not important, anything can be taught to anyone in a 15 min class and workers could be replaced with a monkey. So now they hire part time people with no experience in any trade whatsoever and think they are saving money. Its short sighted and lazy. Its easy to measure dollars saved, its hard work to measure long term implications and assign a dollar value to poor decisions, so they don't. The shareholders stay happy in the short term which is all that matters.

ams

I think all of us need to complain and say that we use them for most of our supplies and shop there weekly and this is a kick in the face to us.

equippaint

I think all of us need to complain and say that we use them for most of our supplies and shop there weekly and this is a kick in the face to us.
How do you think contractors feel? They will remodel your kitchen, redo your floors, roofing, ac etc. It has to be painful to walk in there to grab something knowing that you are supporting a competitor. One that doesn't even have to have a contractors license despite the fact they are subcontracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.