• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lucida Calligraphy BOLD Font

S

SignTech

I am purchasing Lucinda Calligraphy for a customer but they want it in BOLD. I cannot find this font in BOLD for purchase.

Does anyone know were to find it in BOLD?

Also looking for Amienne font ... $39.00 is a bit steep anyone know of another option or font store other than MyFonts ... or is this a normal cost for Amienne?

Thanks,

Mike

S

SignTech

Sorry my fault mixed it up with another font. Amienne is $22.00 price is fine.

S

SignTech

Turns out there is NO bold for this font. Is there a way to manually bold a font? Besides doubling it in Photo Shop?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
On those rare occasions when I have bolded up a font, I did it by outlining the font without keeping the original. The amount of outlining offset to use is very little ... typically about 1% to 2% of the cap height is about all you can apply before it gets obvious that the font has been modified. You should also pay attention to the join types, usually sharp corners, to retain the look of the font as much as possible.

In the quickly done attachment, I have offset the path .02" on a 1" character.

Attachments

• lucida calligraphy.jpg
    lucida calligraphy.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 885
S

SignTech

Thanks ......... yes in Photoshop it works well with a minimal outline as you suggested ...

but in Flex/Lxi if I create a minimal outline it makes the font look great or bolded but when I attempt to weld the same color (outline to the original font) it will not weld the outline so that the cutter does not cut the outline. Make any sense? Sorry if I explained it wrong .....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try selecting the outline and converting the effect to outlines Control +Shift +O. Sounds redundant but the term "outlines" is used in two different ways.