Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucky Day

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Blaney, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Blaney

Blaney Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Springfield Illinois
    I don’t know the whole story, but this is what I do know. Last night a buddy of mine that lives about 4 hours north of me called. He said the Bank which he works for just took procession of a sign shop. The Bank had a UCC on all equipment and inventory. Last week they had an auction and sold off everything (so they thought). When he met the Realtor at the shop yesterday to list the property, the tenant next door came over and asked when they would be getting the stuff out of his storage area. My friend (The Banker) told him they would get it out of there by 9:00 this morning. He called me late last night and told me I needed to bring my trailer and be there by 7:00 today. When I asked him what he had, he said a bunch of “sign boards”. He sent a picture and it looked like Alumacorr. I asked how much was there and he said a pile. My next question was how much and I was told make an offer. Without seeing how much or the condition I said $100. Anyway, I left home about 3:00 this morning. When I got there I could not believe my luck. There was over 400 sheets of Alumacorr (most was 4 x 8, some 4 x 10), about 10 sheets of MaxMetal and 15 sheets of coroplast. I walked around with a chubby for awhile then loaded it up and headed to my parents farm. I put it in their barn. I went to Lowes and bought 4 x 4’s and 2 x 6’s to build racks with. Based on the prices in Grimco’s catalog, I got approx. 50K worth of inventory for $100.00 and $225.00 for the lumber. Needless to say, I’ll have a sale on 4 x 8’s in the near future.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    :thumb:

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Every now and then, a good one slips through............... :rock-n-roll:

4. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    I'll give you $700 for everything. Quick turn in profit.

5. vid

vid Very Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    California
    I'll give $800 ...if you deliver. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats!

6. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    Sounds like Storage Wars at it's best!

7. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

are you in Springfield mass?

8. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Lucky Day !

9. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Good for you....they probly had it in storage cause they figured out how easily that crap gets damaged. Stopped using it a few years back....that being said, if I got that pile for $100 I would be using it again in a heartbeat!!!!

10. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

:clapping: :thumb: :toasting:

11. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Awesome windfall!

12. xanderortiz

xanderortiz New Member

May 15, 2012
    I wonder if the $50k would've helped the previous owners avoid losing their stuff...

13. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Kinda water over the dam. Look ahead and make something of it and be grateful for when things happen in your favor.

14. MichaelAlmand

MichaelAlmand Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Canada
    That is awesome congrats

15. IronHawk

IronHawk Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Good for you! :thumb:

16. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

I love it when things like that work out. Very good. Now turn it all in 6 months and go live on a beach for the next 6.

17. earplug

earplug Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Colorado
    Shut up and don't sell it cheap! When you run out and have to start buying again your customers will complain about the price increase. Just enjoy the extra profit and use it wisely!

Jack

18. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

umm im pretty sure he will never run out

19. john1

john1 Guest

Wow, talk about a hell of a deal!

You can deff cut your prices some to keep it rolling if it's slow and make money still! Until the slow times, Keep it rolling at full retail and make $