• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lucky Day

Blaney

I don’t know the whole story, but this is what I do know. Last night a buddy of mine that lives about 4 hours north of me called. He said the Bank which he works for just took procession of a sign shop. The Bank had a UCC on all equipment and inventory. Last week they had an auction and sold off everything (so they thought). When he met the Realtor at the shop yesterday to list the property, the tenant next door came over and asked when they would be getting the stuff out of his storage area. My friend (The Banker) told him they would get it out of there by 9:00 this morning. He called me late last night and told me I needed to bring my trailer and be there by 7:00 today. When I asked him what he had, he said a bunch of “sign boards”. He sent a picture and it looked like Alumacorr. I asked how much was there and he said a pile. My next question was how much and I was told make an offer. Without seeing how much or the condition I said $100. Anyway, I left home about 3:00 this morning. When I got there I could not believe my luck. There was over 400 sheets of Alumacorr (most was 4 x 8, some 4 x 10), about 10 sheets of MaxMetal and 15 sheets of coroplast. I walked around with a chubby for awhile then loaded it up and headed to my parents farm. I put it in their barn. I went to Lowes and bought 4 x 4’s and 2 x 6’s to build racks with. Based on the prices in Grimco’s catalog, I got approx. 50K worth of inventory for $100.00 and $225.00 for the lumber. Needless to say, I’ll have a sale on 4 x 8’s in the near future.

Attachments

• stock.JPG
    stock.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 60

Mosh

Good for you....they probly had it in storage cause they figured out how easily that crap gets damaged. Stopped using it a few years back....that being said, if I got that pile for $100 I would be using it again in a heartbeat!!!!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I love it when things like that work out. Very good. Now turn it all in 6 months and go live on a beach for the next 6.

earplug

Needless to say, I’ll have a sale on 4 x 8’s in the near future.

Shut up and don't sell it cheap! When you run out and have to start buying again your customers will complain about the price increase. Just enjoy the extra profit and use it wisely!

Jack

J

john1

Wow, talk about a hell of a deal!

You can deff cut your prices some to keep it rolling if it's slow and make money still! Until the slow times, Keep it rolling at full retail and make $