• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LXi v12 expert software

kencan

Looking to buy a backup cutter from sign warehouse. Here's the issue...im trying to find out of the LXI expert that comes with the cutter will work on Vista OS? Ive personally asked 4 people at SW and 2 say sure it does and 2 say no it wont work with vista. Now the oddity is that a month ago while looking at the cutter and software it listed vista OS as one of the OS's it ran on. It listed vista thru 10 as compatible OS's. (theres still a chart on SW website that shows it does run with vista that I dled just to show someone at SW that im not crazy if need be)

NOW all the LXi software requirements starts at OS7 thru 10, they have took vista OS off the list. I asked about this with people at SW and 2 said "oh no it wont work with vista." I say but it listed vista a month ago and they reply back that v12 wont work. I ask has the software changed in the last month or so, like an update or something, they say no there hasnt been an update, lol.

Man this is getting ridiculous. I have vista OS on a computer I want to use for this backup cutter with the intentions up buying a new computer after the first of the year that I assume will be loaded with OS10.

So my question is, DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR A FACT that the LXI expert software, will or will not work on windows vista OS?

jzorn

xp

As I sit here I don't know the version that I'm running, but I'm using it on XP and it works fine. If it works on XP, it should work on vista.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Try the Trial version of this software for free.

Looking to buy a backup cutter from sign warehouse. Here's the issue...im trying to find out of the LXI expert that comes with the cutter will work on Vista OS? Ive personally asked 4 people at SW and 2 say sure it does and 2 say no it wont work with vista. Now the oddity is that a month ago while looking at the cutter and software it listed vista OS as one of the OS's it ran on. It listed vista thru 10 as compatible OS's. (theres still a chart on SW website that shows it does run with vista that I dled just to show someone at SW that im not crazy if need be)

NOW all the LXi software requirements starts at OS7 thru 10, they have took vista OS off the list. I asked about this with people at SW and 2 said "oh no it wont work with vista." I say but it listed vista a month ago and they reply back that v12 wont work. I ask has the software changed in the last month or so, like an update or something, they say no there hasnt been an update, lol.

Man this is getting ridiculous. I have vista OS on a computer I want to use for this backup cutter with the intentions up buying a new computer after the first of the year that I assume will be loaded with OS10.

So my question is, DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR A FACT that the LXI expert software, will or will not work on windows vista OS?

Try the Trial version of this software for free.

https://techsupport.signwarehouse.com/discontinued_software/

Techman

get a machine with a decent OS on it and quit worrying about compatibility. Win 7 machines are a dime a dozen now.

kencan

get a machine with a decent OS on it and quit worrying about compatibility. Win 7 machines are a dime a dozen now.

understand that what I will most likely do but for a company to not even know simple things about items they sell is beyond me. For us Vista has been a decent OS.

WildWestDesigns

Vista is a pretty good OS. Of course, I didn't have any issue with 8.1 either, so maybe my experience is a rarity. I hated XP, but I digress.

Any new computer now (except maybe workstations using downgrade rights) will come with Windows 10. OEM shipments with Win 7/8.1 pre-installed have ceased with the beginning of this month.

I do find it interesting that they mention XP and that it's not supported, regardless if it is fully compatible, which it may or may not be. But no mention of Vista, even though it does have support (MS support) until Spring of next year (although with 1% of the market share of desktops, it's effectively EOL). They just skip it. Interesting. But yet, they still feel compelled to mention an OS that has been EOL for what 2 yrs now?

I tried looking up Flexi as I think LXi is just rebranded Flexi, but I couldn't get to their website at the time of this writing.

Attachments

• Requirements.png
    Requirements.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 138