• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mac media scam??? Please help

emagraphics

has anyone used MacMedia to get replacement parts or have a head board fixed only to get absolutely no response after payment has been taken??

Ive sent a head board in about 2 weeks ago, I received a notice that the part shipped has been received and would look at in a day or so. A couple days later they said yes in fact it needs to be fixed along with needing a new head. They sent over the online payment and said they will be off for a week and will ship out once payment is received.

So I made the payment and received an auto response with a paid invoice along with a work order form?? which confused me as I had already sent the part with the form and in my eyes I thought it was ready for shipping. So I attempted 4 days via email with no response.

This is where is gets sketchy!!! -- I asked my wife to email the guy from a different email pretending she has a part needed for a printer, he responded 5 minutes later. So I decided to email him again and here I am now, still no response.

So heres the question. I guess I could call my credit card company and get the payment reversed, but how do I go about getting my part back???

Robert M

Mac Media Beware

We had the same results from this company. After sending in many boards and even giving him lots of referrals, he stuck us for 700.00. Like you, he never returns emails. Get with your credit card company ASAP and dispute the charges. If anyone knows a good board repair company please post it as this guy is not an honest person.

Z SIGNS

Unless things have changed

I've only had a good experience with Kent.

He is probably still on vacation.

emagraphics

Im trying to be patient - he mentioned he was off last week but that was last week. Ive thought he might be inundated with work and I can appreciate that. But Ive been emailing him since Monday, a simple reply back saying hes working on it would be appreciated. But heres the kicker!! I had my wife email him from a different email address and ask questions about Mimaki -- He emailed right away!! then she replied asking another question..... guess what -- he emailed right away!!

I truly feel Im getting juiced here -- yes I could dispute with visa -- but MacMedia still has my part... how would I get that back??

emagraphics

Previous Encounter

We had the same results from this company. After sending in many boards and even giving him lots of referrals, he stuck us for 700.00. Like you, he never returns emails. Get with your credit card company ASAP and dispute the charges. If anyone knows a good board repair company please post it as this guy is not an honest person.

Hey Robert, thank you for your input. You mentioned sending in many boards. Out of all the boards and referrals have you had any success? what happened with him stiffing you $700 if you dont mind me asking.

Robert M

Mac Media Beware

We sent in a board for repair that had a specific problem, he sent it back and the problem was not fixed. He said it was not the board. Well we repair printers and we put the board in another printer and the problem followed it. We told him that and that was the last we heard from him.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
While I have also used Kent back in 2010 to repair a JV3 firewire board I've never really talked down about them but I did not have the best experience either and everything took weeks. I did get a run of bad pumps from them and while they insisted the firewire board was fine I never did get it to work consistently again.

That being said this is (and has been for many years) a company out of Georgia that also does board level repair work. http://inkjetperformance.com

I think they used to have a different name but as far as I know its the same place.

DirtyD

That being said this is (and has been for many years) a company out of Georgia that also does board level repair work. [URL said:
http://inkjetperformance.com[/URL] I think they used to have a different name but as far as I know its the same place.

I used http://inkjetperformance.com before to fix a jv3 mainboard - they fixed it in a timely manner and walked me through taking the board out. This was about a year and half ago.

I have not used MAC Media.

willywipper

NO COMMUNICATION, they have basically stolen my main board

I sent an email to Mac Media last December 22nd. Kent told me to send my SC500 main board for further evaluation. I have confirmation that he received it a few days later. Since that I have sent NUMEROUS emails, with no replies. I tried calling, but their message was rude, saying not to leave a message, email instead. I contacted the local police department to verify the place is actually a business. They said it's just a residential address. Google Maps shows the address being a house, no commercial storefront. They recommended suing Kent.

Without a main board my printer became a giant boat anchor. Fortunately I found the great folks at Rayco in Chicago, and bought a new Mutoh printer.... absolutely love it.

Bottom Line is Mac Media stole my board, and cost me thousands.

Stay away.... Stay far away!

k.a.s.

I know this is from last fall, but I had the same type of crap with MacMedia. Bought a re-built board with 60 day return, installed it and it never worked, sent it back with e-mail permission from him and he has never refunded my cc. Stole $1200 from me. Stay away.

Kevin

getcustomized

I sent them my JV33 board a couple months ago to get repaired and the whole process to send it in and get it back took only a week and cost me about $250. I was pretty impressed with their work and will definitely use Kent for his services again.

Wwonka

Have sent in 4 roland mainboards last week for repair, havent heard anything, affraid of a scam, anyone has a telphone number or other contact method for this guy??, send emails etc. but no reply only silence. anyone can help me here??

netsol

whois registrant lookup

mac media

5 north hudson st
chester ny 10918
845 4696100

you are supposed to keep registrant info current

give this # a try

you can callcredit card co and use the word misrepresentation describing the transaction and they will reverse the charges. this does not get the board back.
call 411 andget. a non emergency number for the chester police. speak to a detective and explain your problem/concerns. they will often send someone by to ask what is going on.

if you read the statute, anyone depriving youof control and use of your equipment is guilty of theft. you can threaten to file a crininal complaint. (a little heavy handed, but not much chance of having an ongoing relationship with these people, the way it sounds)

since they may only answer your call ONCE (caller id) i would email them a printable return shipping label. this way you can track and see as soon as ups or other carrier scans your label.

pm me if you have problems with them

has anyone used MacMedia to get replacement parts or have a head board fixed only to get absolutely no response after payment has been taken??

Ive sent a head board in about 2 weeks ago, I received a notice that the part shipped has been received and would look at in a day or so. A couple days later they said yes in fact it needs to be fixed along with needing a new head. They sent over the online payment and said they will be off for a week and will ship out once payment is received.

So I made the payment and received an auto response with a paid invoice along with a work order form?? which confused me as I had already sent the part with the form and in my eyes I thought it was ready for shipping. So I attempted 4 days via email with no response.

This is where is gets sketchy!!! -- I asked my wife to email the guy from a different email pretending she has a part needed for a printer, he responded 5 minutes later. So I decided to email him again and here I am now, still no response.

So heres the question. I guess I could call my credit card company and get the payment reversed, but how do I go about getting my part back???

Wwonka

Thx for this info netsol.

tried to call this number , just got an automated answer there :-(

any other ideas??

mac media

5 north hudson st
chester ny 10918
845 4696100

you are supposed to keep registrant info current

give this # a try

you can callcredit card co and use the word misrepresentation describing the transaction and they will reverse the charges. this does not get the board back.
call 411 andget. a non emergency number for the chester police. speak to a detective and explain your problem/concerns. they will often send someone by to ask what is going on.

if you read the statute, anyone depriving youof control and use of your equipment is guilty of theft. you can threaten to file a crininal complaint. (a little heavy handed, but not much chance of having an ongoing relationship with these people, the way it sounds)

since they may only answer your call ONCE (caller id) i would email them a printable return shipping label. this way you can track and see as soon as ups or other carrier scans your label.

pm me if you have problems with them

Wwonka

Mac Media Scam - Lets do something!!!!!

so you are one of the few lucky ones.

Vacation my a... :), funny enough he can reply to my cry for help, he can recieve the mainboards and THEN he decides to go on holiday, without leaving notice, giving message etc etc. Leaving my printheads, business etc to burn, what kind of business is that??????

I would like to know if anyone of you guys that has been scammed buy this guy is interested in doing something about this guy together??????, in my eyes a guy like this should be stopped now.

All ideas, aid comments or help is very welcome. Join me and lets make sure that he dont do this s.... again to anyone.

He is destroying my business for me, and costing me a lot of money, including 8 printheads drying up. If you would like to do something about this, pls post here, PM me, or call me directly on my phone here in Denmark my number is +45 42 26 27 11, my name is jakob. i am on skype as well: Jakob Rudbæk, whats app, viber etc. just contact me and lets discuss what to do. I am not prepared to let this pass unnoticed!!!!!!

I am ready to go to almost length to stop him, as i see its not only me who is getting hustled here.

I have several ideas what we could do to seriously limit his business, but i need somebody in the US that is more educated in US law etc. than me.

I would like to invite people like Z-SIGNS who say they have good experience with this guy, to write to kent and ask him why he is not answering emails and making Holiday at the same time as he accepts to recieve one of the most important things for people to keep their business alive, promise fast accurate repair service, and doing the opposite???.

Hope to hear from people who what to do something.

Wwonka

Lets do something!!!

I would like to know if anyone of you guys that has been scammed buy this guy is interested in doing something about this guy together??????, in my eyes a guy like this should be stopped now.

All ideas, aid comments or help is very welcome. Join me and lets make sure that he dont do this s.... again to anyone.

He is destroying my business for me, and costing me a lot of money, including 8 printheads drying up. If you would like to do something about this, pls post here, PM me, or call me directly on my phone here in Denmark my number is +45 42 26 27 11, my name is jakob. i am on skype as well: Jakob Rudbæk, whats app, viber etc. just contact me and lets discuss what to do. I am not prepared to let this pass unnoticed!!!!!!

I am ready to go to almost length to stop him, as i see its not only me who is getting hustled here.

I have several ideas what we could do to seriously limit his business, but i need somebody in the US that is more educated in US law etc. than me.

I would like to invite people like Z-SIGNS who say they have good experience with this guy, to write to kent and ask him why he is not answering emails and making Holiday at the same time as he accepts to recieve one of the most important things for people to keep their business alive, promise fast accurate repair service, and doing the opposite???.

Hope to hear from people who what to do something.