• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Machine Cutting Sideways????

EMSbyDay

Hello,

Just picked up a GX-24 a few days ago and have been cutting using CutStudio. I have been cutting using cut pieces of vinyl anything from strips, to 24"x36" pieces and allowing the machine to scan in the material size. I then go into the software and import the size from the cutter.

Now in the software it shows a marked origin point on the page and shows a picture of the cutter and page and how that origin point relates.

BUT

When I put in my cut Job and send it to print it cuts in a different direction then its oriented on the page. the only way I've got it to really work is to scan the piece with the machine and manually input the page size with the hor/vert switched.

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks

Kevin

Blazingsun

Hello,

Just picked up a GX-24 a few days ago and have been cutting using CutStudio. I have been cutting using cut pieces of vinyl anything from strips, to 24"x36" pieces and allowing the machine to scan in the material size. I then go into the software and import the size from the cutter.

Now in the software it shows a marked origin point on the page and shows a picture of the cutter and page and how that origin point relates.

BUT

When I put in my cut Job and send it to print it cuts in a different direction then its oriented on the page. the only way I've got it to really work is to scan the piece with the machine and manually input the page size with the hor/vert switched.

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks

Kevin

when using the roland cutstudio, you need to set the cutter's rotation to 0 degrees. it is probably set to 90 degrees which is used for Flexi.

to change press the menu key twice then arrow over so you see force on screen, than arrow down to rotate. set rotate to 0