• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

machine to cut long coroplast and acm

bigben

Hi, I don't know if it exist. I'm looking for a guillotine type cutter the electronic type like in the print industry (see picture). The difference is I would like to be around 100in long and be able to cut coroplast and ACM (3mm). Is there such machine anywhere?

Attachments

• cutter.jpg
    cutter.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 171

mpn

Pretty sure they don't go much larger than 78" deep but check Polar, they have a 61" wide model.

bigben

Sounds like a Shear is what you are looking for:
WYSONG 1010-RD 10 FT. MECHANICAL POWER SHEAR FOR PLASTICS, LIGHT MATERIAL | eBay

Otherwise, look into a track saw from Dewalt with the 100" guide, or you can join smaller ones together:
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWS52...d=1519685532&sr=8-2&keywords=dewalt+track+saw

Those are good options, but I will have to make lot of small cut (40 or 50 cuts in a 4x8). So I was looking for something with a computer than will adjust itself like the paper cutter.

Pretty sure they don't go much larger than 78" deep but check Polar, they have a 61" wide model.

I've check them out, but they don't have something close to 100in.

equippaint

Can check out accurpress and see if they have anything to cut coro. You can get their metal shears with fully programmable setups done on the fly by touchscreen. You input the sheet and cuts and it automatically adjusts the backrest and tells you how to orient the sheet. It will optimize the material too.

FatCat

Those are good options, but I will have to make lot of small cut (40 or 50 cuts in a 4x8). So I was looking for something with a computer than will adjust itself like the paper cutter.

OK, so now that you say that, you're "best" option will be a flatbed cutting system like a Zund, Kongsberg or Summa - or another brand similar.

*Brace yourself though, starting price on a new system starts around $70k for the Summa and $100k+ for the Zund...

bigben

Can check out accurpress and see if they have anything to cut coro. You can get their metal shears with fully programmable setups done on the fly by touchscreen. You input the sheet and cuts and it automatically adjusts the backrest and tells you how to orient the sheet. It will optimize the material too.

Thank you. I will look into this.

OK, so now that you say that, you're "best" option will be a flatbed cutting system like a Zund, Kongsberg or Summa - or another brand similar.

*Brace yourself though, starting price on a new system starts around $70k for the Summa and $100k+ for the Zund...

This is my ultimate solution and I'm exploring other avenue. A cutter would be faster and I hope cheaper than a CNC type.